Lbacha’s 25g Lagoon & 8g Peninsula zoa & SPS garden

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
lbacha

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Do you think the kalkwasser stirrer is something that could be setup with an AIO tank?
Sure, just make sure you don’t add more water than you evaporate daily and you would be fine. You would need to be able to set it so the top is above the tank so it would run into the tank (the avast stirrer isn’t sealed and uses gravity)

reef-rc

View Badges
Reaction score
What thoughts did you have that you went with avast stirrer?

I am currently dosing with All For Reef and kalkwasser as part of RODI topoff. The only reason I am considered kalkwasser stirrer is to help push PH a little higher. Wondering if more work or potential risk would justify for a PH higher is the open topic for me.

OP
lbacha

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score

I am currently dosing with All For Reef and kalkwasser as part of RODI topoff. The only reason I am considered kalkwasser stirrer is to help push PH a little higher. Wondering if more work or potential risk would justify for a PH higher is the open topic for me.
I went with the avast because I didn’t want a sealed system (you just open the lid and dump more kalk in)

I went with a stirrer over adding to my ato as evaporation isn’t consistent which means your kalk dosing won’t be consistent. With the kalk stirrer there is less chance you over dose or under dose and it doses the exact same amount every day.

I use kalk for the same reason which is to raise ph. So far it keeps my ph in the 8.2 (at night) to 8.35 (end of my peak light cycle).

Before kalk I was below 8.0 ph

OP
lbacha

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Oh and one last item is that you don’t actually run the saturated kalk through any pumps so no buildup with the reactor

OP
lbacha

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I’m pretty excited I have wanted a WWC AOI for a while and I finally found a nice 15 polyp colony. It arrives on Friday to add some nice blue to the tank

Len

jtietz

View Badges
Reaction score

I have a 25 lagoon aio and i dose my kalk. I dont trust the ato. I have full control over my kalk with dosing.

OP
lbacha

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have a 25 lagoon aio and i dose my kalk. I dont trust the ato. I have full control over my kalk with dosing.
Yep I agree adding it to the ato can be unpredictable. Especially in this tank since it has a huge surface area so it evaporates a lot of water. I know based on humidity in my apartment my evaporation rate can vary a ton.

OP
lbacha

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score

Chiller has been added and plumbed in (I took the picture before plumbing). It was easy since I had an extra manifold spot ready for it. Now to turn on the water and recalibrate my return pump to keep the flow the same in the rest of the system.

For those of you with a chiller do you let your apex turn it on to chill or use your apex as a failsafe in case the chillers temp control fails?

Len

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
lbacha

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Got a new Avast porthole and filter. It really takes some nice pictures

With the blue filter and without (I’m not a fan of blue filters but it does make the pictures looks better)
AOI’s, sun flowers and rockstar morph

Some of my corals

Rasta’s

Rainbow cloves

Blue eye blondes

Fruit loops

Purple Hearts & pink ring of deaths

Radioactive dragon eyes

Red kedds

OP
lbacha

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Blow pops

Scrambled eggs

M spongodes

M confusa

WWC Viridians

WWC Van Damm’s

WWC red people eaters

WWC Vivid Rainbows

WWC purple monsters

Magicians

OP
lbacha

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Pink Krakatoa’s

Bubblegum Digi

Utter Chaos

Seduction People Eaters

Gobbstoppers

Large radioactive dragon eye morph

Pink M Capricornis

The start of my zoa garden

https://www.omegasea.net/

Do you run TWO return pumps for redundancy and to be safe? (check all that apply)

• Yes I run two return pumps..

Votes: 126 22.0%
  • No it's a waste..

Votes: 67 11.7%
  • No but I would like to..

Votes: 138 24.1%
  • No but I have a spare return pump...

Votes: 273 47.6%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Premium Algae Scrubbers from Turbo's Aquatics!