TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
eb00c98964daffdd38812a8a998ba797.jpg

So here is how I’m going to lay out my electronics cabinet

I bought flush mount 3’ extension cords to run between my eb8/eb832 and the lower part of my cabinet where my power bricks will be. This will give me a much cleaner look since all the random plugs look messy. I can also wire tie them all together and run it nice and neat and not worry about ever having to change what is plugged in to the eb8/eb832
Love this. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

OP
OP
lbacha

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love this. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Thanks, it should be my last major project for this build then it’s sit back and watch the coral grow time

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, it should be my last major project for this build then it’s sit back and watch the coral grow time
I wish I had planned my board this way. I just kinda winged it. It turned out ok I guess. Yours will be much nicer.

OP
OP
lbacha

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I had planned my board this way. I just kinda winged it. It turned out ok I guess. Yours will be much nicer.

Yeah all my equipment is in use so the only way I could plan this out was to make templates for everything. It makes it easy to visualize how it will look

OP
OP
lbacha

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
376c4fb0e0cad8e1e726aa78b89e87f8.jpg

54e1a9ee0599c080e605e895aaaa28df.jpg

Well the shell is done. It came out better than I thought. Now to add the door and the top and it will be roughed in. I need to cut that front plate for the adj power strip and then slots and holes for the wires to be to routed through. I’ll then take it all apart and finish the wood then reassemble it.

OP
OP
lbacha

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I learned and interesting lesson today. I’ve been struggling to keep nitrates up the last week or so even though I dose KNO3. I was really confused how the tank was using as much as it was.

Well I just found out that while my Apex DOS was showing that it was adding 30ml a day the head wasn’t actually turning because the power plug had come out. Not really the greatest design since there was no indication it was out and fusion was showing I was dosing liquid. I think I’m going to replace the aquabus/power cable with a one link on both my dos’s since it’s one cable and if it comes out I will know as the DoS will be offline

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
376c4fb0e0cad8e1e726aa78b89e87f8.jpg

54e1a9ee0599c080e605e895aaaa28df.jpg

Well the shell is done. It came out better than I thought. Now to add the door and the top and it will be roughed in. I need to cut that front plate for the adj power strip and then slots and holes for the wires to be to routed through. I’ll then take it all apart and finish the wood then reassemble it.
Looks great. It’s bigger than I thought it would be from the first picture you had posted.

OP
OP
lbacha

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great. It’s bigger than I thought it would be from the first picture you had posted.

Yeah, it’s amazing how much stuff I had to put in here. I wanted plenty of room so I went bigger. I was going to put my DOS’s in here but now I’m not sure I’ll have room. Here is my current electronic’s table and wiring mess

cd50af5ee4139137f6ac34685c2d8bb1.jpg

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, it’s amazing how much stuff I had to put in here. I wanted plenty of room so I went bigger. I was going to put my DOS’s in here but now I’m not sure I’ll have room. Here is my current electronic’s table and wiring mess

cd50af5ee4139137f6ac34685c2d8bb1.jpg
Oh come on, that’s perfect. Don’t change a thing

OP
OP
lbacha

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh come on, that’s perfect. Don’t change a thing

Lol

Perfect is not exactly the word my wife uses.

The good thing is I used the cabinet as an excuse for some new tools. I got a Kreg pocket screw jig (amazing tool that I wish I had before now) and a 18v compact router for the cutouts.

I’m going all fancy as well. I’m going to wrap all the wires in blue and add acrylic to the door so I can backlight everything with blue led’s. I want it to look like one of those fancy gaming computer builds you see online since this will be out in the middle of my living room

Len

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol

Perfect is not exactly the word my wife uses.

The good thing is I used the cabinet as an excuse for some new tools. I got a Kreg pocket screw jig (amazing tool that I wish I had before now) and a 18v compact router for the cutouts.

I’m going all fancy as well. I’m going to wrap all the wires in blue and add acrylic to the door so I can backlight everything with blue led’s. I want it to look like one of those fancy gaming computer builds you see online since this will be out in the middle of my living room

Len
I'm with ya on the Wife Acceptance Factor. If I had a table that looked like that both me and the tank would be outside in the cold Washington rain. Those tools sound cool. I'm not handy at all so I'll never own them but believe me, I wish I was. That stand and cabinet you've built are both awesome. I've enjoyed watching it all come together.

OP
OP
lbacha

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm with ya on the Wife Acceptance Factor. If I had a table that looked like that both me and the tank would be outside in the cold Washington rain. Those tools sound cool. I'm not handy at all so I'll never own them but believe me, I wish I was. That stand and cabinet you've built are both awesome. I've enjoyed watching it all come together.

Thanks it’s been a fun build

OP
OP
lbacha

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the door is built and the adj power strip is mounted. All I have left to do is the top of the cabinet (just one more board) then I need to cut the wire slots. I bought a new rigid 18v compact router and rabbit bit for cutting in the window. Wow this thing is nice, it’s going to make cutting the wire slots a breeze.

07ad4f6a9453dabb8c536c014ebfb6b4.jpg

ae7e4f6ed0810a13f5a4a926bfc211c9.jpg

OP
OP
lbacha

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a fan, I was worried since I was putting a lot of power bricks into a small space so I added this fan and controller I saw on another build to the cabinet

5f2160fd0797ed17f0718f1fb81d3630.jpg

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man...it looks great. you sure are handy with woodworking.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 55 56.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 30 30.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back