Le Dirté's Flirting with Divorce 365 day AIO challenge tank

Sanchez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I have three tanks of graduated sizes, because they keep me sane. This is my 365 day AIO challenge entry from NR, which has turned out beautifully. It recently suffered a set back when the heater started to leak (I assume) and killed my green banded gobies and tail spot blenny ☹️. I have not been able to replace either at this time, but most importantly the TSB which was my favorite fish with personality. Here is the build information though.

Tank:
Started 2/7/2020
AquaTop Pisces 5 gallon Peninsula Bullet

Equipment:
Stock pump
Cobalt Neotherm 25W heater
Asta 20 LED light
Hydor Pico Mag 180 circulation pump
Duetto ATO
Wifi multiplug

Media:
Stock bio balls
Brightwell Nitrate export bio cubes
Seachem Phosguard
Seachem Matrix Carbon
MB 7
2lbs live rock
Live sand ~ 2lbs

Stock:
Two accidentally transferred blue leg hermits
Bristle worms
GSP colony x 3
Small colony of palys
Iron man zoas
Vivids Nirvana zoas
Blue eyed blonde zoas
Rasta zoas
Kedd's reds zoas
Mixed red/green zoas
Pandora palys
Hairy green mushroom x 2
large rhodactus mushroom
Yellow/gold leptastrea
Blue ricordea
Rainbow ricordea

Various aiptasia (hoping the file fish intern will demolish those before moving to one of the other tanks)

Creatures:
1 scooter blenny
1 aiptasia eating file fish (only a temporary inhabitant)
3 sexy shrimp

IMG_1920.jpeg

IMG_1922.jpeg

_DSC0064.jpeg

_DSC0080.jpeg

_DSC0454.jpeg

OP
OP
Sanchez

Sanchez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is nice I am looking to set up something similar I hope I have the same success as you. Good job

You know I'd like to take credit for it being such an amazing looking little tank, but other than weekly water changes, feeding and changing out the bag of media I do nothing to it. I used live water from my old SCA 50g cube, live rocks and live sand to start the tank and it's taken off like a rocket.

OP
OP
Sanchez

Sanchez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the cheap Asta 20 light you can get on Amazon. You can set four different light channels, but it doesn't have automatic sunrise/sunset timing and I found it didn't work well with an added timer. What it has done well with is the wifi multi plug, which is schedule capable and turns it on and off when I want it done. The light comes on with the last programmed channel settings, so it's worked really well. And honestly the color and spectrum has done VERY well for this little tank.

Here's the amazon listing:

Lominie LED Aquarium Light, Saltwater Freshwater Fish Tank Light for Coral, Planted Nano Aquarium Tank (S20 Saltwater)

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just busting you chops. Nah,its been slow since before that. The past 2 years or so I have felt like its slowed way down. I'm Reefkid88 over there btw,I'm sure you've seen me around.

OP
OP
Sanchez

Sanchez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have! I didn’t have much of a NR life other than chatting in the Lounge (which kind of died gloriously when covid started and hasn’t regained its pizzazz), and updating my threads over there. I don’t claim to know much of anything so I never feel right trying to give advice to anyone.

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have gotten tired of it,a million thread of the same thing,tons of noobs and its taken its toll on me. I had started a thread that gained traction fast about it amd ruffled some feathers lol.

R2R is the same way,but a lot more informative people here and better tanks. Just less nano and pico tanks which are my niche.

OP
OP
Sanchez

Sanchez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d heard that about the less nano/pico tanks but they do have the forums for it- they’ll maybe gain more traction. I remember that thread about the noobs- I just feel like humans today won’t go look for the information they’ll want the instant gratification of an answer to their question. I feel like they almost need to assign a mentor to new people so they can keep their questions more private. I got lucky and snagged the help of WV Reefer early on, then StinkyBunny. Without their help Id never have figured it all out.

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely and thay is what I privately talked to Chris about,because it was flooding the forum with nonsense.

Reefing has been a hobby for the past 60 years,there is plenty of knowledge ans info they just have to use the correct means of searching. Its pretty annoying,I don't know it all but I know enough to at least grow Acro's in 2g of water lol.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back