Leak test biocube 32

QuinnLee512

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello everyone. Got my Biocube today. Super excited. I would like to leak test it. Searching the forum I have found a few threads on this topic but can't find one specific to the Biocube. Do I just put tap water in? Do I also install the equipment? Do I just fill the tank and not the sump? What's the correct way to do this?

KorlL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can start by filling the display portion and see if there’s any leaks that leak water into the back section. Then completely filled front and back to see if the tank as a whole has any leaks

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tap is fine. No equipment needed.

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can start by filling the display portion and see if there’s any leaks that leak water into the back section. Then completely filled front and back to see if the tank as a whole has any leaks
What others said. Fill the front. No water should leak into the back compartments so be careful. Let it sit for as long as you would like.

Then fill the back too and let it sit some more.

if you’re feeling very thorough fill and leak test the front and back separately. It is easier to see if the weir wall leaks by filling the back and leaving the front dry.

Joe Vance

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's not true, the biocubes 32s have a weir at the top an bottom of the tank and few small slits between chambers.
Chamber 1 has 2 intakes so water poured into aquarium will fill chamber 1. Chamber 1 is sealed from chambers 2 & 3 and chambers 2 & 3 are open at the bottom allowing filtered water from chamber 2 to pass thru sponge and into chamber 3 for return to aquarium via powerhead.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back