Leak test waterbox aquarium?

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it nessesary to do a leak test on a waterbox aquarium with all the premade plumbing? Or can I get away with just checking the bulkheads in the overflow box?
You should do a leak test.

If it's just the pipe you're worried about leaking, just throw a cap on the end and fill the pipe up to see if it leaks. That way you don't have to fill the whole system to test

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Monday I get my new waterbox. After its level abs setup. All frag rodi water for leak test. If it passes. Add salt

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I leak tested my 230.6, I just used the garden hose, filled it and started the return. Then is say for a week while I ensured a leak free system. It only too about 30 minutes to fill and gave me peace of mind that it was completely leak free. This also gave me an opportunity to find that when the tank was full, it was slightly out of level.

Mandalorian

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I leak tested my 230.6, I just used the garden hose, filled it and started the return. Then is say for a week while I ensured a leak free system. It only too about 30 minutes to fill and gave me peace of mind that it was completely leak free. This also gave me an opportunity to find that when the tank was full, it was slightly out of level.
That's a big discovery that could throw off your sump and water fill lines when the tank is running and most definitely too late by then. Good catch!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 33.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back