Leaking Hanna Cuvette Caps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I recently bought a Hanna Silica LR test kit, and the cuvettes were leaking every time I shook them with reagent. When I compared them vs my older Phosphorous cuvettes that dont leak, I noticed the old caps a tan 'seal' layer in them that I presume creates a tight seal between the vial and the plastic, whereas the new caps are missing that seal and leak. Anyone else have this issue / notice this correlation? Is this a known issue and are the lids all supposed to have that seal in them?

Thanks,
Brian

1.jpg

deividas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heya, i have the exact same problem, but i bought a hanna ulr prosphate checker Hi-774 i think, same thing, start shaking it and all hell breaks loose starts to drip everywhere, sooo im following along, wandering if its normal or not too

OP
OP
B

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did the kit come with two?
Were they both without the seal?
Yes and yes. I emailed and they were great and are sending me replacements. I’m just wondering if they’re shipping the new ones with or without the seal...

Hanna Instruments

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a Hanna Silica LR test kit, and the cuvettes were leaking every time I shook them with reagent. When I compared them vs my older Phosphorous cuvettes that dont leak, I noticed the old caps a tan 'seal' layer in them that I presume creates a tight seal between the vial and the plastic, whereas the new caps are missing that seal and leak. Anyone else have this issue / notice this correlation? Is this a known issue and are the lids all supposed to have that seal in them?

Thanks,
Brian

1.jpg
can you please email [email protected] your serial number and lot number for the product in question.

poidog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My Silica test kit direct from hanna has the same issue, no seal. At first I thought it was due to the reagents since the silica test solution is highly caustic that it would eat the seal, but I'd rather it eat the seal then all over my hand and kitchen.

deividas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i contacted my local hanna reseller (In Lithuania) basically Hannainst.lt , and there response was " in the older batch checkers all of the cuvettes have the seals, the new batch of checker cuvettes are all without seals, nothing we can do....) not the response i wanted
;( that answers somewhat your question, they ship all of the new checkers without the seals on the cuvettes

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased a new Hanna ULR phosphate checker and it too has the same problem with leaky caps.
My caps do not have any type of seal and they leak constantly. This is my first Hanna checker and I love it, but the leaky caps are a big disappointment. I'm worried about saltwater and reagent getting down inside the checker now.... is this going to be an issue?

anth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 4 new vials for my alk and po4, they came without lids so used my old lids and now they leak even though they didnt on my old vials. May have something to do with the glass threads.

excell007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same with me. I bought DKH and Phosphate ULR checkers last week and all 4 cuvettes are leaking. I send an email to Hanna Tech support and I got a reply in less than 30 minutes that he will send new cuvettes with seals.

deividas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update; got a reply from my local hanna seller, that hanna informed them that it is indeed a technical fault, they will replace the cuvettes that are leaking, the sad part... ETA to get the replacements 37 WEEKS, i hope that it's a typo

OP
OP
B

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
update; got a reply from my local hanna seller, that hanna informed them that it is indeed a technical fault, they will replace the cuvettes that are leaking, the sad part... ETA to get the replacements 37 WEEKS, i hope that it's a typo
Wow, I hope that’s an error, hopefully we’ll get a reply here

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After seeing this thread I emailed Hanna last week and they sent me 2 new caps with seals free of charge no questions asked. Just contact them and they will fix the issue.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With covid going on, probably not....
I had simple mail coming to me in the states from here in the states and it took 3 weeks, normally 3 days.
going international seems like it’s be even longer :-/

OP
OP
B

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
After seeing this thread I emailed Hanna last week and they sent me 2 new caps with seals free of charge no questions asked. Just contact them and they will fix the issue.
I agree, they're support is great and no issues there. But if there's a known issue I'd like to see a more proactive resolution than that!

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hanna also replied to my email saying they would send me new caps with seals.
But they said they are currently on back order and awaiting a shipment of them from Romania.
when the shipment comes in, they will start sending them out.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back