Leaking Hanna Cuvette Caps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
B

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just got a recall notice on the caps from Hanna. Impressed that they took note and got that out so quickly. Nice job Hanna team!

excell007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same with me. I bought DKH and Phosphate ULR checkers last week and all 4 cuvettes are leaking. I send an email to Hanna Tech support and I got a reply in less than 30 minutes that he will send new cuvettes with seals.

I emailed them Monday and got 4 replacement caps today, I misunderstood the email (only caps will be sent).
But the sad thing is none of the 4 caps have seal on them, the email I got said "I'll send 4 caps with liner".
Nobody even verified if the caps inside the box have seals in them :)

20200827_171725.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I emailed them Monday and got 4 replacement caps today, I misunderstood the email (only caps will be sent).
But the sad thing is none of the 4 caps have seal on them, the email I got said "I'll send 4 caps with liner".
Nobody even verified if the caps inside the box have seals in them :)

20200827_171725.jpg
Did you get the recall notice Email? I assume if you fill that out you'll get the correct ones. Here's the URL for that if not:

excell007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get the recall notice Email? I assume if you fill that out you'll get the correct ones. Here's the URL for that if not:

No, I emailed tech.hannainst.com. Somebody replied immediately that new caps with liner will be sent. The next day I got shipping confirmation. unfortunately what they sent still don't have seals in them.

OP
OP
B

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No, I emailed tech.hannainst.com. Somebody replied immediately that new caps with liner will be sent. The next day I got shipping confirmation. unfortunately what they sent still don't have seals in them.
Fill out the form in the link I pasted above

excell007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received an email from Hanna on why the replacement caps I received still have no liners. And that he's sending some more caps and making sure it will have liners on them. I sent my email after 5PM yesterday and I got the reply at 7AM.

a.ocellaris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to The Container Store and picked up a 2 dram vial for $1.29 plus tax. The vial is too small, but I only needed the lid. Lid fit Hanna vials perfectly and has a seal.

a.ocellaris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a 24 pack of 3 dram vials off Amazon made by Aura Variety. They fit perfectly in the Hanna checkers for $18. Tested it against the Hanna vials and it was only 1 ppm difference ( basically no difference). They don’t have the 10ml line, but I didn’t use those anyway since it varied from vial to vial. The lids have seals, too. Anyway, hope this helps others using Hanna checkers.

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take your cap to a big box home improvement store. Go to the hardware section. Search the bin labeled o rings. Find the one that fits in the cap. Problem solved.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went thru this a few weeks ago. I emailed Hanna and was promptly sent replacement caps with seals.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take your cap to a big box home improvement store. Go to the hardware section. Search the bin labeled o rings. Find the one that fits in the cap. Problem solved.
The checker might not close if a spacer is added. Some caps from Hannah already give me this problem.

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been having this issue with my new HI97105 Marine Master kit. Both of the larger cuvettes leak really badly which MUST affect the test results having less than the stated quantity of water left in the cuvette during the reaction? I have emailed them this morning to see if they can send me new caps with seals.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.3%
Back