Leanna's 125g Saltwater Aquarium!!

LB_Reef30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I do believe this is my very first "thread" post Lol!
I thought that I would share my Saltwater aquarium with you all. I started it back on March 27th, 2022. I am new to this hobby but so far, so good! I have had loads of help from a couple of friends and still yet, I don't know how to repay them for walking me through the whole setup process. Anyway, my tank is 125g. I have invested in:
* 120 pounds of Life Rock from Carribsea
* Five bags of 40 pounds of Live Sand
* Salt from Instant Ocean
* Two Seachem Tidal 110 filters
* A Fluval FX6 Canister filter
* A Reef Octopus Classic HOB Protein Skimmer
* A Marineland Precision Heater for 120g
* Two Wavemakers (Jabao 2in1 & the other off of Amazon.com)
* Hanna Instruments (ALL)
* Red Sea test kit('s)
* Accessories including towels, magnetic glass cleaner, brush/scrapper, a hose for water changes, etc.
* A variety of different foods
* Almost all of Seachem's water medications
And I do believe that is all! Lol. More than likely I am forgetting some things but!
Inhabitants are as follows:
* Two Ocelleris Clownfish
* Convict Tang
* Fiji Foxface
* Powder Blue Tang
* Saddleback Butterfly
* Purple Dottyback
* Royal Gramma
* Coral Banded Shrimp
* Cleaner Shrimp
* Hermit Crabs (Red-legged; Blue-legged)
* Two Fire Gobies
* Ghost Ribbon Eel
* Multicolored Angel
* Sabae White, Blue Tip Anemone
And that is all of my inhabitants I think! -
In the future, I plan on investing in a larger system! Hopefully an 8'x2'x2' ! I already have it planned out.
Also, I am not 100% sure if I want corals or not. At least, not anytime soon!
I hope you all like and enjoy it! :)
298199142_10228270940740272_583649929461861631_n.jpg

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! What type of sand is that it looks great

Johnz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good looking tank, I like the aquascape. Your anemone looks like it is anchored in the rockwork, does it move around much? I was thinking about adding an anemone, but my bta in my last tank would walk all over the place. I want one that will stay put, lol.

OP
OP
LB_Reef30

LB_Reef30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good looking tank, I like the aquascape. Your anemone looks like it is anchored in the rockwork, does it move around much? I was thinking about adding an anemone, but my bta in my last tank would walk all over the place. I want one that will stay put, lol.
Hi there! I have had to move it twice simply because I was becoming paranoid about it getting hurt. Since it has been in that new spot, it hasn't moved but maybe a few inches upward from where it was on that rock. I really like the Anemone that I have. Not only is it pretty, but it is also just a really nice invert to add to any aquarium. You should definitely go check them out! :)

OP
OP
LB_Reef30

LB_Reef30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so since this posting, I have lost four inhabitants. While things like this do happen, we must learn from it. I no longer have my Saddleback Butterfly, Royal Gramma, Fire Goby, and my Anemone.
I have been so heart broken over losing them. People say that the butterflies are hard to keep? I guess that’s a true statement. — I will get another anemone later down the road. I am not sure if I want to keep another butterfly.. maybe and maybe not so who knows. Thank you for taking the time to read this update.

OP
OP
LB_Reef30

LB_Reef30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
F6396814-6F18-41F4-B95B-9D2148071C06.jpeg
4D1B990E-5677-4904-8745-491D6179B288.jpeg
D070B486-87E0-40AF-A191-8496DFDDCF22.jpeg
4F2848B6-8A76-45E2-9713-4FBFF4435341.jpeg

Hey guys!
So! A lot has changed since the last time I was here. A few days ago I added a Zebra Moray Eel, as well as a few new inhabitants to my aquarium. The last photo is my Rock Flower Anemone that I got also. Before I got my new inhabitants, I got some hair nets for my wave makers and so far, so good! — Everything seems to be doing well which is a huge plus! I have a few pvc pipes coming in here soon for my two eels so I’m excited to see them both use them as I got each eel their own piece Lol — Anyway, I thought I’d share an update with everyone here. Speaking of which! I also got new, and better quality lighting for my aquarium! I got two Ni-Crew150W and goodness what an amazing outcome! I absolutely recommend if you or anyone are in need of high quality lights. Other than my Zebra Eel and Flower Anemone, these are what I got as well:
• Midas Blenny
• Three new Clown fish — (Pair of Storms & one designer)
• Firefish Goby
• White tail, Bristletooth Tang
• Two large Hermits
And I believe that’s all. I got lots of frozen food for them also! Mainly for my two eels. I hope y’all enjoy!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back