OP
Relax4

Relax4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more question , is it alright to add pods ?

OP
OP
Relax4

Relax4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No aggression that I see . They all seemed to be getting along .
Accept for this guy that isn’t being phased b anything

AD5FF202-2537-444A-9D8F-1C6F743F4561.jpeg

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be velvet. I hope not.

OP
OP
Relax4

Relax4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So. I think I nailed it down . I believe it’s mr damsel ! Watching him this am. He is quite protective of “his” rocks . Mr gobi put him in his place while watching. So my bad thinking this was a good match with other fish . I will work this weekend to try and get him out. He’s fast little @#&$%! On a happy note I hand fed my cleaner shrimp . That was cool , I almost think I could hand feed gobi but after seeing him go after a big pod in sand I had 2nd thoughts look so like he has some nice teeth in there! Have a great day everyone! And thank you again for being there.

A035EBB1-1AF3-454A-9905-7CFFD94F021C.jpeg

cymonous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a possibility of aggression, but did the dead fish look beaten up at all? Torn fins, gashes, etc?

For this tank being only 4 months old and adding 5 fish, I think you went a bit fast for a first timer. I know everyone has their own opinion, but just about any saltwater pro will suggest quarantine before adding fish to your display tank. It sounds like you did not quarantine the fish first. If there are no damage signs to your dead fish, I'm going with disease or parasite. That only means your remaining fish may perish as well if you don't treat them properly. There are many many posts on these forums on proper quarantine and treatment of fish. Please read through those.

If you have more questions, or any future questions on your fish or corals, please provide test results. Do you have a refractometer to test the salinity? If so, what reading do you have?

OP
OP
Relax4

Relax4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a possibility of aggression, but did the dead fish look beaten up at all? Torn fins, gashes, etc?

For this tank being only 4 months old and adding 5 fish, I think you went a bit fast for a first timer. I know everyone has their own opinion, but just about any saltwater pro will suggest quarantine before adding fish to your display tank. It sounds like you did not quarantine the fish first. If there are no damage signs to your dead fish, I'm going with disease or parasite. That only means your remaining fish may perish as well if you don't treat them properly. There are many many posts on these forums on proper quarantine and treatment of fish. Please read through those.

If you have more questions, or any future questions on your fish or corals, please provide test results. Do you have a refractometer to test the salinity? If so, what reading do you have?
Yes I have a refractometer, 126 all the time. I do test for nitrates and ammonia, etc with api kit . And there are bite marks on my gobi. Blennie I really didn’t look at or clown I just thought its was a fluke or water changes I did. Blennie always hung on the rocks. For a week he was up by power head. Thought that was weird . The wrasse had been bitten also . Clowns we’re hanging in upper corner of tank. But started exploring the rocks ,where ****** lives. That was the end of them.And your right I went to fast, even though you guys kept saying patience. As for quarantine tank I will Have to look up as I have no idea. Thank you for your knowledge. This was an expensive lesson .

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Test kits- salifert and nyos very user friendly
Good possibility that when scrubbing algae, a low level of toxins may be getting released
For algae, I would consider liquid vibrant which works well when used correctly.
Add chemipure blue to your filtration also

Back