LED for extremely shallow nano tank

Halo_003

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for some recommendations on LED lighting for an approximate footprint of 24"x14"x7" (water height) mixed reef.

So far I've watched a bunch of the BRS videos, but I have some unique desires that make it more complicated. Planned stocking is: mangroves, BTA, SPS, LPS, and soft corals.

The main options I've looked at are:
1. Kessil A360x with narrow lens attachment (BRS recommended mounting height of 13")
2. AI Hydra 32 (BRS recommended height of 14")
3. AI Prime (BRS recommended height of 13")

I know the 360X and the Hydra 32 are overkill for this size but I'm very curious what opinions the experts in here have. The most important things to me in order are spectrum, control, shimmer, and mounting height. I know a lot of people don't want a lot of shimmer but I'm after a very shallow water look for this.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for some recommendations on LED lighting for an approximate footprint of 24"x14"x7" (water height) mixed reef.

So far I've watched a bunch of the BRS videos, but I have some unique desires that make it more complicated. Planned stocking is: mangroves, BTA, SPS, LPS, and soft corals.

The main options I've looked at are:
1. Kessil A360x with narrow lens attachment (BRS recommended mounting height of 13")
2. AI Hydra 32 (BRS recommended height of 14")
3. AI Prime (BRS recommended height of 13")

I know the 360X and the Hydra 32 are overkill for this size but I'm very curious what opinions the experts in here have. The most important things to me in order are spectrum, control, shimmer, and mounting height. I know a lot of people don't want a lot of shimmer but I'm after a very shallow water look for this.

Not an expert but very happy with the A360X fixtures. Love the new violet channel.

The Red Sea Reefleds have good shimmer too but muted back from looking at Kessil's shimmer.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.1%
Back