Led headache. Please help.

U

User1

View Badges
Lol, the thing is once you have the proper intensity (PAR) and spectrum dialed in, then it's up to husbandry and a sweet spot, then they take off.

Digitata's, acro's, Monti's are easy then. Well some.....lol

@dantimdad,
Anytime! Okay.

Nice tank and you are very correct about dialing in. I've tried a couple times now green, purple, and red Monti's but always end up failing. The purple is what frustrated me the most too because while my better half doesn't mind the tank in general - one day we stopped at a LFS to pick up some fish food and she was really drawn to this purple Monti they had and a clam. I said sure - let me try a frag of the Monti but alas I didn't keep something right and that was it. Tried a couple more over the years then said nope - soft and lps for me for a bit. On my list to try again after the first of the year. Redoing my lighting now.

OP - I can't comment on any of the kits you mentioned but have heard good things about them all. I went the DIY route.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank and you are very correct about dialing in. I've tried a couple times now green, purple, and red Monti's but always end up failing. The purple is what frustrated me the most too because while my better half doesn't mind the tank in general - one day we stopped at a LFS to pick up some fish food and she was really drawn to this purple Monti they had and a clam. I said sure - let me try a frag of the Monti but alas I didn't keep something right and that was it. Tried a couple more over the years then said nope - soft and lps for me for a bit. On my list to try again after the first of the year. Redoing my lighting now.

OP - I can't comment on any of the kits you mentioned but have heard good things about them all. I went the DIY route.

Thank you! Aside of the lighting, a big part of healthy coral is, of course, water pramameter stability.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
SB ultras pricey but fantastic. The SB wifi extremes are excellent and not far from ultra.
Ap700 are also great as is Orphek Atlantik. Most of decisions depend on budget. Buy what you can afford and set your budget. If you feel it is $300 - research what is best at $300 and so forth

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSuny really sort of kicked it up a notch from their first lights I see..
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/modified-dsuny-fixtures.266403/
img_20160823_210947312_hdr-jpg.399674

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 54.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.7%
Back