Led light recommendation for 12g nano quarantine tank

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to set up a 12g nanocube as a quarantine tank and want to get a small led light for it. My DT has an ATI 4-bulb T-5 fixture. I don’t want to spend a fortune and want a light that can offer similar performance to my T-5’s so transferring corals to the DT won’t be too much of a change. What lights do you all recommend? Thanks in advance for your help!

gabrieltackitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For that small I can’t think of anything other than the Kessil A80. Tiny little light but very strong. I’d suggest getting a par meter and taking some measurements of your main tank and matching that to your QT. I’d try to do like 3 zones of light in the QT, one around your highest par, one in the middle, and one at the lowest par where you’d put corals in your tank.

OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For that small I can’t think of anything other than the Kessil A80. Tiny little light but very strong. I’d suggest getting a par meter and taking some measurements of your main tank and matching that to your QT. I’d try to do like 3 zones of light in the QT, one around your highest par, one in the middle, and one at the lowest par where you’d put corals in your tank.
Thanks!

OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the small apogee par meter a good one?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back