LED Lights: EcoTech, Kessil, Maxspect & More!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

NautilusQ

View Badges
Reaction score
We need info for PAR reading of Kessil 150w, 20-36 inches deep and around 12-24 inches coverage. Would you guys kind enough to provide this for us? Thanks :)

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
NautilusQ: Kessil's Response to your Question

We need info for PAR reading of Kessil 150w, 20-36 inches deep and around 12-24 inches coverage. Would you guys kind enough to provide this for us? Thanks :)

Thank you for your question, NautilusQ! Here was Kessil’s response:

"We do not have official PAR readings. There are some posted on different forums, but there seems to be some inconsistency.

A few things to note about PAR:

1) PAR is usually a flat value of light between 400-700nm.

From what we understand, most of the light coral uses efficiently is from 400-500nm. PAR readings should be higher from a broad source of light like halides, T5s or all white LEDs that have a good portion of light in the 500+ nm range vs. LEDs that have a mix of wavelengths. That is why most LEDs can be so much more power efficient. Because we can target individual wavelengths that are most beneficial and eliminate ones that are not. PAR typically does not measure what blend of spectrum is the most usable, only photons in a given spectrum range.

2) Our A150W contains about 5-9% of its light below the 400nm range (UVA) and that will not be detectable unless the PAR meter is specifically designed to read UV."

Hope that was helpful! :xd:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back