LED with Mounting Arm for IM25L

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need suggestions for an LED for an IM 25 lagoon. Its about 24"x18" with only 12" depth. I dont want to hang a light or use brackets across the tank, so I'm only considering lights that have a mounting arm available, flex or fixed doesnt matter to me. I feel like this eliminates most black box options. Mostly LPS and nems. Prime is currently the leader for price + punch. But I really dont need the crazy customization or even the scheduling. I'm good with 2 channel adjustment and a timer if need be. Still, it's hard to beat the $220 price point of the Prime.

Any suggestions?

In consideration:

AI Prime 16
Kessil A160
ReefLED 50

susan ingram

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need suggestions for an LED for an IM 25 lagoon. Its about 24"x18" with only 12" depth. I dont want to hang a light or use brackets across the tank, so I'm only considering lights that have a mounting arm available, flex or fixed doesnt matter to me. I feel like this eliminates most black box options. Mostly LPS and nems. Prime is currently the leader for price + punch. But I really dont need the crazy customization or even the scheduling. I'm good with 2 channel adjustment and a timer if need be. Still, it's hard to beat the $220 price point of the Prime.

Any suggestions?

In consideration:

AI Prime 16
Kessil A160
ReefLED 50

I dunno but imma give you a bump

York1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 primes on my 25 lagoon but I plan on it being SPS dominate. I have Ai lighting on all but one of my tanks and love them. Easy to setup and program thru the app

OP
OP
Cell

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not planning on too much sps, so no need for a 2nd AI for me. I dont mind a big par range either for flexibility.

AI Prime 16 and Kessil A360 price difference too much for me to consider.

I'm throwing the MicMol Thor in the mix for a black box option with mounting arm. MicMols are more popular in Europe, I think. 21 cree leds though in a sexy all aluminum housing.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd just say it depends on what you're looking for. You say you don't really care about controlling options, which would lead me towards Kessil. If you're not in a hurry you should very easily be able to get a used Kessil a360 with the mounting arms for $200-250 within a week or two. I picked up 3 of them off here within a week from separate buyers.

You also threw out that MicMol which seems interesting. I love giving chances to lesser known lighting brands. I'd also say the Zetlight UFO and the Noopsyche would work really well for your tank.

Any of these lights will do just fine, in the end it just comes down to you making the decision.

OP
OP
Cell

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not interested in buying a used Kessil. I'm worried about seemingly well documented longevity issues with those lights.

I hadn't considered Noopsyche but will definitely take a look.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back