Led

kingfisherfleshy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering who has them. How they got them...any DIYers out there? I tried searching a couple different times and didnt come up with anything. I am still trying to light my 125g and I want to keep a mixed reef (already am, but need to work out lighting for when I make the switch into the 125).

I dont want to have t5 or flourescent on my tank. I dont think it looks as nice, and I dont know if I could get the power that I want (or have now with MH).

I know that the DIY'ers got their stuff somewhere...could someone step up and either show me one of those threads or tell me where they got their leds? I did find this on ebay, and was wondering if this would work for reef aquaria.

900 LED AQUARIUM GROW LIGHT PANEL HYDROPONIC WHITE 110V - eBay (item 230490087738 end time Jul-20-10 09:47:36 PDT)

Thanks ahead of time, Fleshy

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah ReefLedLights or you can talk to luke33 he has some LED fixtures for sell.If you like DIY's then ReefLedLights would be the way to go:)

jaytizzle

Fish Pro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DIY or manufactured, you have what you need here. If you want the DIY route, Bill is widely regarded as the man. If you want the manufactured route, check out Luke with ReefFiltration. Either way you can't go wrong and will enjoy your experience and purchase!

OP
OP
kingfisherfleshy

kingfisherfleshy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, and does anyone have experience with ReefLedLights? I am assuming so but could people speak up? Price wise how were things? How has quality been with your animals? Coral health growth? How is bulb longevity, has it been as good as it was supposed to be? Thanks

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, and does anyone have experience with ReefLedLights? I am assuming so but could people speak up? Price wise how were things? How has quality been with your animals? Coral health growth? How is bulb longevity, has it been as good as it was supposed to be? Thanks

bill they are speaking of owns reefledlights

OP
OP
kingfisherfleshy

kingfisherfleshy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, thats why I would like to hear from people that have USED his products. No offense to Bill, but I need to hear reviews if you get what I am saying.

jaytizzle

Fish Pro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as your questions, I have never used bill but the diodes and materials in particular that he sells are of the high quality. His prices are good from doing my homework researching DIY builds. I run LEDs on both of my tanks and couldn't be happier. Gave up MH+T5 on my 24g and 8-bulb Tek T5 on my 120g to go with LEDs. All animals have been doing great. Growth has been as good or better than before with better coloration, IMO. Nobody around here is going to be able to comment on diode longevity. They are slated to run for 50,000 hours. This means that you can run them for 13 1/2 years at 10-hour photoperiod before they will burn out. Of course they will lose power over time but research shows that the loss is minimal and you can expect to not have diode replacement issues for at least 7-8 years or longer.

johnanddawn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm working with bill right now on the first part of my LED build - i can't say much yet as i don't have them yet, but he has been very helpful in helping me place my order. my stuff should show up either the end of this week or early next week
- i recommend you check out his site
those fixtures luke is selling look really nice as well but i'm a diy guy - never liked the factory thing because i like to be able to adapt to my needs

Back