LEDZeal Mirage X300 - PAR Readings

mucky1957

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ledzeal is the manufacturer. Did you email [email protected] ? He is the sales rep i deal with.
Ill say this the mirage blows the evergrow out of the water in par,spread and pur ( usable light). The evergrow may be cheaper to buy in the uk though.
I have sent him a few emails but he doesnt seem to want to respond to me.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been told that the IT5012 ( the 4' model ) would cost me about $560. The difference being the guy selling them is about 20 miles from me if anything was to go wrong.
I understand. Another factor that may or not be a consideration to you, the mirage superblue layout is as close to the g5 blue as you can get without spending a ton more money, where as the evergrow uses the same old black box lights layout, just with less leds. Even logan from reefbreeders ( u.s. seller of evergrow) admitted the claimed output of the photon v2 is not really what they are .

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have sent him a few emails but he doesnt seem to want to respond to me.
He was on vacation, i just got an email from him this morning so id expect him to respond now. I believe he was on a 3 week vacation.

mucky1957

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He was on vacation, i just got an email from him this morning so id expect him to respond now. I believe he was on a 3 week vacation.
Ive sent a few to this Kevin without reply. I have been on the site and there are a few others that have now had an email ..fingers crossed.

mucky1957

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand. Another factor that may or not be a consideration to you, the mirage superblue layout is as close to the g5 blue as you can get without spending a ton more money, where as the evergrow uses the same old black box lights layout, just with less leds. Even logan from reefbreeders ( u.s. seller of evergrow) admitted the claimed output of the photon v2 is not really what they are .
Im sold..I just need someone to get back to me.

mucky1957

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im sold..I just need someone to get back to me.
Kevin has reached out today...this is what I got...

1614092298252.png

Seems a good price. I saw this post from you. Are you saying I need to go for the super blue layout ??
Whats the difference between the two options?

Slayyyter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1614092298252.png

Seems a good price. I saw this post from you. Are you saying I need to go for the super blue layout ??
Superblue is the ultimate layout with the colors being a combination of orpheks and red sea colors

Last edited:

Slayyyter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1614092298252.png

And sorry I didn't get back to you I was a little busy

stepho725

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I'll bite...l've got an email out to Alex although I'm not sure my need for instant gratification will allow me to order & wait for these!
I have a 40B that already has some softies and plans to be a softie/LPS and maybe at some point when my tank matures more, a home for an anemone for my clowns and MAYBE a birdsnest or monti if things are going wildly well.
I really don't want to hang my light.i would have bought a black box weeks ago if that was an option and I would not be driving myself insane!!
Soo which model of the LEDZeal would be best for said tank? Will it spread front & back? I have been looking at 2 AI Sols but idk if I can pull the trigger on $470...I was almost sold on 2 Nicrew 100s but the lack of controllability leaves something to be desired although my wallet could live with that....and then there was a Maxspect Jump I was looking at but I havent seen many reviews for it so I'm not sure if one would be enough for my 40...although I have an old fluval marine for supplemental light. Eh that's besides the point!! Back to the LEDZeal for a 40B small "mixed"(but easy) reef?? TIA!

Slayyyter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I'll bite...l've got an email out to Alex although I'm not sure my need for instant gratification will allow me to order & wait for these!
I have a 40B that already has some softies and plans to be a softie/LPS and maybe at some point when my tank matures more, a home for an anemone for my clowns and MAYBE a birdsnest or monti if things are going wildly well.
I really don't want to hang my light.i would have bought a black box weeks ago if that was an option and I would not be driving myself insane!!
Soo which model of the LEDZeal would be best for said tank? Will it spread front & back? I have been looking at 2 AI Sols but idk if I can pull the trigger on $470...I was almost sold on 2 Nicrew 100s but the lack of controllability leaves something to be desired although my wallet could live with that....and then there was a Maxspect Jump I was looking at but I havent seen many reviews for it so I'm not sure if one would be enough for my 40...although I have an old fluval marine for supplemental light. Eh that's besides the point!! Back to the LEDZeal for a 40B small "mixed"(but easy) reef?? TIA!
What are your dimensions?

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 x300 superblue will light your tank completely. As for hanging, they were supposed to release a bracket/arm but i wouldnt use it. I mounted mine, by using 1/2inch conduit and bolted that to the stand. Its simple, cheap and works really well.

mucky1957

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If kevin didnt get back to you yet, pm me your email and ill forward it to him.
Also may wNt to check your spam or promotional folders.
Capture.JPG

I assume you reckon the super blue layout is the one to go for ?? I just hope the legs will stretch for my 4' tank

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Capture.JPG

I assume you reckon the super blue layout is the one to go for ?? I just hope the legs will stretch for my 4' tank
Absolutely i recommend the superblue layout!
I am biased though to be honest. I designed the superblue layout, by combining the led colors from the radion g5 blue, the hydra hd and the redsea led90 lights.
Aa far as legs, id ask for a picture, the last cad drawing i saw, it was a bracket that clamped around the light, with a single ridged arm. The arm formed a 90 with a height adjustment point where the two bars met. At the aquarium end was a bracket to clamp it to the tank. Personally i did not like it, as i feel thats two much weight clamped to the tank and applying pressure.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To expand on my last response to mucky1957,
I had purchased the previous generation of light from ledzeal a couple years ago.
That was the malibu s400 model with a r2r members custom layout. That is cwstrife on here.
I have a multi tank 1200gal system build currently going.
When i contacted ledzeal, kevin informed me that the malibu was getting discontinued and a new light was in development. I went back and forth with cwstrife trying to update his layout. I made at least 20 versions. Shortly before the mirage series was released, the hydra hd, and then the g5 blue came out. I tracked down both of their led arrays along with the redsea led 90. I used them as a template to finalize my layout i ordered 4 of the x200 lights with my layout.
I put 3 over my 6x2x2 180gal. I removed 4 blueplus t5, and the malibu s400. My system is mostly sps, which colored up and took off with growth!.
After another r2r member ordered an x300 with my layout and took par measurements, along with a small group of others, kevin named my layout the superblue and put it as an option.
So far EVERY person who has ordered my layout has been super happy with the look and corals response.
On my 180 i run the lights 13 inches above the water. I peak each channel at 45% max.
If you go to my youtube ch ive made a few vids on them, to help people see what they are all about.
In the end im just a customer who needs a lot of lights and dont want to pay 20-30k for the highend brands.

mucky1957

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To expand on my last response to mucky1957,
I had purchased the previous generation of light from ledzeal a couple years ago.
That was the malibu s400 model with a r2r members custom layout. That is cwstrife on here.
I have a multi tank 1200gal system build currently going.
When i contacted ledzeal, kevin informed me that the malibu was getting discontinued and a new light was in development. I went back and forth with cwstrife trying to update his layout. I made at least 20 versions. Shortly before the mirage series was released, the hydra hd, and then the g5 blue came out. I tracked down both of their led arrays along with the redsea led 90. I used them as a template to finalize my layout i ordered 4 of the x200 lights with my layout.
I put 3 over my 6x2x2 180gal. I removed 4 blueplus t5, and the malibu s400. My system is mostly sps, which colored up and took off with growth!.
After another r2r member ordered an x300 with my layout and took par measurements, along with a small group of others, kevin named my layout the superblue and put it as an option.
So far EVERY person who has ordered my layout has been super happy with the look and corals response.
On my 180 i run the lights 13 inches above the water. I peak each channel at 45% max.
If you go to my youtube ch ive made a few vids on them, to help people see what they are all about.
In the end im just a customer who needs a lot of lights and dont want to pay 20-30k for the highend brands.
So the super blue has NO green or red at all ?? Can you let me have a link to your youtube page pls

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the super blue has NO green or red at all ?? Can you let me have a link to your youtube page pls
Theres cyan ( covers green) and violet blue ( covers red spectrum)
Here is 1 vid i made, if you click on the poster, there are additional vids. Im no youtuber so please understand that lol

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back