Left sheet of LRS food out to thaw. Refreeze?

fishmonkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I left a pack of LRS reef frenzy nano out to thaw for about 7 hours in room temperature. I smelled the bag and it did not smell bad at all.

Actually kinda good lol.

But I’m refreezing it right now and wondering if I should just toss it even though it smelled fine.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I left a pack of LRS reef frenzy nano out to thaw for about 7 hours in room temperature. I smelled the bag and it did not smell bad at all.

Actually kinda good lol.

But I’m refreezing it right now and wondering if I should just toss it even though it smelled fine.
If it got above refrigeration temps, I'd toss it. I've screwed up a few times with fish food, forgot to put it in the freezer and I never keep it. If you won't eat it yourself after the same thing, I wouldn't do it to the fish.

OP
OP
fishmonkey

fishmonkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it got above refrigeration temps, I'd toss it. I've screwed up a few times with fish food, forgot to put it in the freezer and I never keep it. If you won't eat it yourself after the same thing, I wouldn't do it to the fish.
The funny thing is i think I would eat it :p

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Larry from LRS has actually stated that refreezing actually hurts the food. As with the slow freeze process of our home refrigeration methods breaks down the cells. The ice crystals actually sheer the cells of the food making it much less nutritious. This is why they ship their product from their warehouse in dry ice, and it remains frozen until your LFS puts it in their freezer.

But even so, 7 hours on the counter, I would chuck it.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back