Legendary Corals - Eye Candy Thread + Discussion!

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
I've been using Flickr, have images not been working for you?
Images are showing fine. They look nice and sharp so I was curious if you were hosting the images somewhere else. I have been thinking about using flickr. Are you using flickr’s free account and embedding the images?

OP
Legendary Corals

Legendary Corals

Vendor Extraordinair
View Badges
Reaction score
Images are showing fine. They look nice and sharp so I was curious if you were hosting the images somewhere else. I have been thinking about using flickr. Are you using flickr’s free account and embedding the images?
I can just copy the images from Flickr and paste them over! Once you upload a certain amount of images, Flickr makes you switch to a paid account. But I've been enjoying using their services for the past 5 years.

Abhishek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
@Legendary Corals - I didn't get a chance to jump on the recent sale . Wondering what are some of the variants you got that develop large polyps in high light and flow . Think its time to make me move slowly towards zoas in acro tank .

Regards,
Abhishek

OP
Legendary Corals

Legendary Corals

Vendor Extraordinair
View Badges
Reaction score
amazing pics
Thank you!

@Legendary Corals - I didn't get a chance to jump on the recent sale . Wondering what are some of the variants you got that develop large polyps in high light and flow . Think its time to make me move slowly towards zoas in acro tank .

Regards,
Abhishek
Hmm, I do have a few in mind but gathering all of the morphs that are large and get long lashes sounds like a good group shot idea! I'll see if I have time to make that photo happen.

Are you using any gel filters?
No sir, gel filters are a good way to filter out the blue LEDs but they make everything much more orange. They're great for taking photos with your phone, but with a DSLR using a custom white balance is much better. I have my settings on the first post, but if you have any questions I'd be more than happy to help out!

I see a awesome pack right here in this picture. These all available?
Why yes, I do have frags of each available.

BJ40oz

View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks! Ya that’s what I was kinda thinking, gel filters are mostly for phone cameras. I’ll have to get my wife’s camera out and practice messing with the white balance.

OP
Legendary Corals

Legendary Corals

Vendor Extraordinair
View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks! Ya that’s what I was kinda thinking, gel filters are mostly for phone cameras. I’ll have to get my wife’s camera out and practice messing with the white balance.
Taking photos is a hobby on it's own! When you do it's a bit of a learning curve but you'll be very surprised at how well they'll turn out.

Abhishek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Thank you!

Hmm, I do have a few in mind but gathering all of the morphs that are large and get long lashes sounds like a good group shot idea! I'll see if I have time to make that photo happen.

No sir, gel filters are a good way to filter out the blue LEDs but they make everything much more orange. They're great for taking photos with your phone, but with a DSLR using a custom white balance is much better. I have my settings on the first post, but if you have any questions I'd be more than happy to help out!

Why yes, I do have frags of each available.
If you can share names of the Zoas with large polyps and long lashes and can take to high lighting and flow , please share . I can always look at them when you put up the WYSIWYG pics when you put them up

OP
Legendary Corals

Legendary Corals

Vendor Extraordinair
View Badges
Reaction score
If you can share names of the Zoas with large polyps and long lashes and can take to high lighting and flow , please share . I can always look at them when you put up the WYSIWYG pics when you put them up
Just updated the site with about 150 WYSIWYG frags! For big polyps and long lashes, these are the ones on the update that fulfill your criteria. Most zoas get larger under lower light in my experience, but these should do well and tend to have longer lashes:

WWC Magnetos
WWC Purple Monsters
VW Darwin Vamps
VW Bloodshots
UC Medusas
Ultra Gobstoppers
Tyree Orange Rainbows
Strawberry Wines
Space Chaos
SCA Savages
Pluto Passions
Mindblowers
LC Petroglyphs
LC Hyper Phoenix
LC Hawkmoons
LC Blackwidows
JF Kung Fu Fighters
Gonzo's Citrus Coolers
Frozen Apples
ASD Atmospheres

OP
Legendary Corals

Legendary Corals

Vendor Extraordinair
View Badges
Reaction score
We're not sure which variant of "Bowser/ Candy Apple" this one is, but we're in the love with the color schemes! Those vibrant green tips and yellow speckling across the face really make them stand out.
1566928569326.png

TAP WATER FOR YOUR REEF TANK

• I do not use tap water

Votes: 62 68.9%
  • I use tap water

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I did use tap water in the past before I had an RO unit

Votes: 17 18.9%
  • I use tap sometimes and ro/di sometimes

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I would use tap water in an emergency

Votes: 14 15.6%