• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

Legendary Corals -- Insanity Bounce?

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
@Legendary Corals -- I heard awhile back you used to have a unique bounce you called the Insanity Bounce. I may have found one, and want to know if you have any pictures to compare it to.

OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
I don't have a pic my friend showed me a pic of his. He got his from the person who sold it to LC -- but my friends never bounced in super low light. Although it is a spitting image if the one you linked.

Thank you @Opus

landlubber

View Badges
Reaction score
I'm curious what that coral was going for?
now this is completely my opinion so don't take offense but the listing mentions the camera is having trouble capturing the "insanity" color of that coral so I'll take their word for it but I sure wouldn't be forking out wwc bounce prices on what appears completely underwhelming in comparison.
to me a bounce results in massive vesicles and unbelievably saturated color which is why it merits the expense. it seems that there are a lot of mushrooms these days that are labeled "bounce" and it feels like a cryptic way to pull $200 more out of a rhodactis that are marginally better than what you see listed for $30. blur those lines further and the door is open to fancy colored richordia too.

OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm curious what that coral was going for?
now this is completely my opinion so don't take offense but the listing mentions the camera is having trouble capturing the "insanity" color of that coral so I'll take their word for it but I sure wouldn't be forking out wwc bounce prices on what appears completely underwhelming in comparison.
to me a bounce results in massive vesicles and unbelievably saturated color which is why it merits the expense. it seems that there are a lot of mushrooms these days that are labeled "bounce" and it feels like a cryptic way to pull $200 more out of a rhodactis that are marginally better than what you see listed for $30. blur those lines further and the door is open to fancy colored richordia too.
The only bounce on the planet with HUGE vesicles is literally ONLY the WWC OG Bounce. There's a thousand bounces, zero of them are anything like the OG.

That said. I've seen and had most of them. This one shines. Fluorescent neon construction work orange. It doesn't come out in pictures at ALL. Aside from the orange, it has a light sky blue (gatorade blue) base, but a drab "Forest Green" non-neon body.

So half of it is pretty nice, the other half is standard. I think that's why they went with "Insano", it's 51/50, half-crazy half-normal, etc etc.

As for bounce vesicles. I've seen them ALL. Zero of them are like the OG

blur those lines further and the door is open to fancy colored richordia too.
You haven't been paying attention to fancy colored richordia, have you... That line was blurred to smithereens years ago.

landlubber

View Badges
Reaction score
The only bounce on the planet with HUGE vesicles is literally ONLY the WWC OG Bounce. There's a thousand bounces, zero of them are anything like the OG.
As for bounce vesicles. I've seen them ALL. Zero of them are like the OG
which begs the question... why are all these other corals being called bounces if they don't even resemble the original??

OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
which begs the question... why are all these other corals being called bounces if they don't even resemble the original??
The OG bounce isn't the original by miles. It just kicked off the craze BECAUSE the vesicles were of unusual size. Quite frankly, the OG bounce isn't anything but large vesicles.

It's not the nicest, it's not the rarest, it's not the most colorful, it's not the most interesting, it's not the most difficult/easy to keep, not the hardest to propagate, not the slowest grower.

It's a nice bounce -- But all it brings to the table is big vesicles. And under the right developmental care, all of them can rival the OG (which is again, NOT the OG by any means).

Bounce mushrooms were thrown away as trash for decades. And St. Thomas mushrooms came first.

Wanna see big Vesicles? Check out my St Thomas shroom. Puts every single OG I've ever seen to shame. And these have been in the hobby like 30+ years;

Current bad phone pic;

If the OG Bounce is anything -- It's probably the easiest bounce to keep. Like all things in this hobby, they take cultivation and work to really show them off.. The OG bounce is easy, it can thrive in a toilet with some candle light and table salt. Unhappy bounces deflate.

Last edited:

Which do you prefer?

• A few LARGE, not as colorful less expensive, coral colonies filling your tank

Votes: 110 39.7%
  • A lot of TINY, but very colorful more expensive, frags covering the rock

Votes: 119 43.0%
  • Other (please explain in thread)

Votes: 48 17.3%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
PremiumAquatics.com