• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

Legendary Corals Petroglyphs Zoanthid Grow Out Contest!

NeuroticAquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Mine are about half way down my 60g cube on a rack. Lights are Chinese black box with actinic about 80% and whites about 35-40%. These have never reached up but I’ve got a couple other zoas that kinda do.

Dom274

View Badges
Reaction score
did a preliminary scan w/o making a list and counted 5 ;Nailbiting

Wow, sadly I'm not surprised. This was poorly organized in my opinion. I got disqualified for not posting a picture when I received the coral. My issue is that I placed my order in early February - A full month before the details of the contest were ironed out at the beginning of March. How am I supposed to know the rules have been changed? No emails or pms were ever sent out - In fact, I had to ask why I was no longer on the list because, crazy thing, I don't re-read a thread from the start for funsies to see if anything changed. Okay, I get it, rules are the rules - And since there is a prize offered, we need to be fair to everyone about it. If that's the case, wouldn't the moderator/organizer participating in said contest be a conflict of interest? I honestly don't care about the prize, I just wanted to see how I would compare with everyone else - But to say I'm disappointed in how this was handled would be an understatement. With only 5 people left already, it looks like we will probably get a winner by default by month 2, 3 at most.

Salty.Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Wow, sadly I'm not surprised. This was poorly organized in my opinion. I got disqualified for not posting a picture when I received the coral. My issue is that I placed my order in early February - A full month before the details of the contest were ironed out at the beginning of March. How am I supposed to know the rules have been changed? No emails or pms were ever sent out - In fact, I had to ask why I was no longer on the list because, crazy thing, I don't re-read a thread from the start for funsies to see if anything changed. Okay, I get it, rules are the rules - And since there is a prize offered, we need to be fair to everyone about it. If that's the case, wouldn't the moderator/organizer participating in said contest be a conflict of interest? I honestly don't care about the prize, I just wanted to see how I would compare with everyone else - But to say I'm disappointed in how this was handled would be an understatement. With only 5 people left already, it looks like we will probably get a winner by default by month 2, 3 at most.
Sorry. I actually encouraged her to join. I thought it would be fun.
Anyways. How is your polyp going?

NeuroticAquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
There’s got to be more than five left, I’m guessing.

I’ve watched some of these growouts in the past and it seems like most people get eliminated for not following the posting rules according to schedule. Maybe the vendor or moderator could message everyone with finalized rules as soon as Corals start shipping? Then if people forget, or don’t post, it’s on the participant.

OP
leahfiish

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I did update the op and bolded the changes, and posted in this thread with the changes. I'm really sorry but I tried my best to be fair to everyone.

Also, don't worry about a conflict of interest, I'm really not in this to win, just for fun, and I'll happily take my name off if that's an issue.

ReefyTank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I did not have a problem with you joining us. I agreed with Salty.Reefer, just thought it would be fun to have more people.

As for the rules. I do understand that at the beginning things were still being established but I do recall leahfiish reposting the picture rules as shipping began within the thread not just editing the original post, you may just have missed it. I feel this activity naturally expects people to be very active on the thread.

OP
leahfiish

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I apologize for any confusion and I understand the frustration. In the future I will make sure to have a complete rules list before signups start if I choose to hold another contest. I'm gonna take myself off the list but I'll keep following along with my coral's progress. Anyone who missed entries but still has their coral is more than welcome to do the same. Thanks for the feedback.

A quick reminder/update:

Make sure you post 1 entry per calendar month. I'm going to officially make the cutoff 3am Eastern time/ 12am Pacific Time. I'm sorry that this wasn't clearly outlined before, I hope you guys understand why I have to set a deadline, I'm doing my best to be fair to everybody.
Here are the remaining contestants. Please let me know if you think I made a mistake or if there is any confusion.
  1. Mirya
  2. NeuroticAquatics
  3. Reefloco760
  4. Julian A McRae
  5. Jason
  6. Salty.Reefer
  7. Reef Creeper

How vigilant are you when it comes to the TDS of your RODI water?

• It is VERY important to me

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • It is somewhat important to me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It is NOT important to me

• Other (please explain in thread)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors