• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

Legendary Corals Petroglyphs Zoanthid Grow Out Contest!

Reef Creeper

View Badges
Reaction score
0ED1895D-DD67-4E94-81B5-6FE2D7AD373E.jpeg B9F90E31-F8E1-4D85-BA7B-74404943E960.jpeg Here is my May update. I’ve now got 3 babies and one mature polyp for a total of 4. My tank was fallow for six weeks and the amphipod population went crazy. I suspect they have been munching on some of my zoas. Added a six line so shouldn’t be a problem much longer.

jason

View Badges
Reaction score
I've got 1 mature head (original), 4 teens, 2 babies all open heads. Something will happen to make tank or even the frag. Every time I grow any paly or zoa that I care about and it gets past 10 heads something happens such as melting etc... The items I don't care about or don't pay as much attention to flourish LOL. Good luck everyone :)

ReefyTank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I've got 1 mature head (original), 4 teens, 2 babies all open heads. Something will happen to make tank or even the frag. Every time I grow any paly or zoa that I care about and it gets past 10 heads something happens such as melting etc... The items I don't care about or don't pay as much attention to flourish LOL. Good luck everyone :)
I totally understand that feeling. Its like they know, so they do that on purpose.

Mirya

View Badges
Reaction score
Almost forgot to do my May entry! Had to "wake" mine back up as lights had nearly gone off. Still at 4 heads. The 3 new heads have grown nicely over the past month. No nubs though that I see. However I've neglected the tank and feeding the zoas in the past month...

PetroMay.jpg

Salty.Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Maybe slowed too because of lighting? They seem to be stretching pretty hard, any chance you have T5's at the end of their life? Maybe move them up a little?
I have a single Kessil aw 360. they do not get a ton of light where they are at but enough. I will add them to my other radio light tank. Possibly bad idea but I spend more time on that tank

Would you be shocked by today's reefing hobby if you had just returned after a long period of time?

• Yes (tell us why in the thread)

Votes: 135 57.9%
  • No

Votes: 33 14.2%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 62 26.6%
  • Other

Votes: 3 1.3%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors