!!!LEMON HAMMER, NOT JUST ANOTHER AVERAGE YELLOW TIP, WELL SORT OF...YEAH, IT PRETTY MUCH IS!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just wanted to put up an actinic pic of mine from last night
BEE15BBC-8E3D-40C7-A651-8692883984C4.jpeg

You have one of the nicest looking colonies of this guy I have seen yet! Its such a sweet piece at its best.

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Fishfinder your lemon hammer looks great! Wish I could get mine to look like that. It's growing like crazy but I can't get the reddish base to come out at all. Perhaps I'll cut a frag and mount it at the bottom of my tank to see what that does for it.

Mine is at the top of my rockwork but that’s not saying much. I got a PAR meter last week and was surprised how low my PAR is. I have 200 at the top of my rockwork and most acros are in 150-175. Idk if it’s accurate or not but those were the numbers

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Fishfinder your lemon hammer looks great! Wish I could get mine to look like that. It's growing like crazy but I can't get the reddish base to come out at all. Perhaps I'll cut a frag and mount it at the bottom of my tank to see what that does for it.
I've got to know how this turns out. Mine grows like crazy, also, but is just a light tan color.
upload_2019-3-26_7-19-28.png
upload_2019-3-26_7-20-13.png

Excuse the tiny pictures, but this is basically 6 months growth.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is crazy fast growth! like 30 times faster than mine is growing
I'm thinking I have too much PAR at mine. I'm pushing 400 right now where it is at, maybe a bit higher. I've been thinking about throttling back the lighting to see how the system responds.

You grow mine out and i'll color yours up
Deal!!! ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking I have too much PAR at mine. I'm pushing 400 right now where it is at, maybe a bit higher. I've been thinking about throttling back the lighting to see how the system responds.

Deal!!! ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

Idk if my PAR meter is accurate. I just dont feel like my numbers can be right. Theres a lot of light over my tank

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll let you know how this guy turns out at lower par. I'm trimming some stuff back this weekend. I'll snip a branch and mount it lower in the tank.

I have no idea how much par mine gets. It's 7 inches under the water, directly beneath a 250w metal halide that's mounted 8 inches above the water. Just to give you guys an idea of what kind of light it's getting in my tank.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll let you know how this guy turns out at lower par. I'm trimming some stuff back this weekend. I'll snip a branch and mount it lower in the tank.

I have no idea how much par mine gets. It's 7 inches under the water, directly beneath a 250w metal halide that's mounted 8 inches above the water. Just to give you guys an idea of what kind of light it's getting in my tank.
You have got to be crushing my PAR numbers. At least you are getting some yellow from yours. But, I also have high nutrients as I battle this crazy algae issue I have. Hoping a lot of my stuff colors up better once I can get my fuge back established.

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have got to be crushing my PAR numbers. At least you are getting some yellow from yours. But, I also have high nutrients as I battle this crazy algae issue I have. Hoping a lot of my stuff colors up better once I can get my fuge back established.

I'm fighting dinos myself. For like the past 4 months too. I'm surprised I haven't killed more coral than I have while I fight these demons. My tank looks pretty terrible right now. Makes me not want to post pics of it to be honest.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm fighting dinos myself. For like the past 4 months too. I'm surprised I haven't killed more coral than I have while I fight these demons. My tank looks pretty terrible right now. Makes me not want to post pics of it to be honest.
I don't have dino's, but I do have an odd hair algae. Best guess is it is a strain of derbesia. Nothing will eat it if it isn't dying. Vibrant kinda works and keeps it under control, but that's about it. Fluconazole works where it gets lots of light. Trying the two of them together to see if I can clear it once and for all. Fortunately, the tank still looks good other than coral coloration which I have always struggled with.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 82.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back