!!!LEMON HAMMER, NOT JUST ANOTHER AVERAGE YELLOW TIP, WELL SORT OF...YEAH, IT PRETTY MUCH IS!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edited my post to more easily see the growth I've gotten.

Adam is probably crying right now. He sends us these beautiful corals and we don't get the colors out of them that he does..... Some day!

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All LED's now. Went from 2 Mitras LX7206's to 3 and dropped the 48" T5 supplements.

I was looking at the Mitras. And Reefbreeders as well. I happened to find my old Lumenarc Mini Stealth reflector with ARO ballast and Reeflux 12k bulb still with it. Figured I'd give this a shot with a new Phoenix bulb. Figure at a the worst, it'll be a $55 experiment as that's the cost of the new bulb. But I have good feelings about this;)

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Adam is probably crying right now. He sends us these beautiful corals and we don't get the colors out of them that he does..... Some day!

I think it's really neat to see these transform in other people's tanks. No two systems are alike, even under the same roof with the same keeper. Lots of variables when it comes to coral coloration and growth.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why I am here? I am not a SPS fan. but some how I end up on adams posts...I think he is trying to convert me to the sticks...haha
well I did get my 1st SPS 2 weeks ago...so now I guess its official I am a "mix reef, reefer"

well nice piece anyway lovely colors and PE.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Not even close. Lol. It just takes time for some corals to do their thing. Believe me I am right there with you.

Story of my life really:)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not even close. Lol. It just takes time for some corals to do their thing. Believe me I am right there with you.
I really was joking about that. It's actually the main reason I don't join those who complain about the small size of frags. My experience is that the original pieces shipped will almost always become less vibrant. The new growth is where the amazing color is at. Well, for most SPS other than stags and birds nests, anyway.

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a piece of this in my recent Labor Day sale battlebox. Unfortunately, my box got delayed a day and this one didn't make it. :( I hate when that happens. I can kill them just as easy on my own, I don't need help! :)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got a top down shot. Very healthy, but still not getting the color.
DSC_0001-5.jpg

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks real good @Brew12! Definately growing better than mine.

Here's mine as of today. Finally starting to grow again;) Color is turning back to yellowish on the new growth tips and the pe is still insane.

20181001_201413.jpg

20181001_201349.jpg
I find it interesting that your polyps are green where mine are more of a maroon that matches Adams picture. Are you sure that is a Lemon Hammer?

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find it interesting that your polyps are green where mine are more of a maroon that matches Adams picture. Are you sure that is a Lemon Hammer?

The entire thing turned green on me at one point. Then the encrusting edge completely died back. It is finally starting to come around for me.

Here's a pic of the frag I received back in January. It's the frag in front.
Screenshot_20181006-085229.png

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm enjoying Saturday morning looking at threads on r2r, and I see the title ~ "Lemon HAMMER"

I was totally expecting an LPS Euphyllia discussion. lol, very nice sps for sure. :)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back