Lemon Peel angelfish won’t eat!!!

LB11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an established 75 gallon tank with live rock and no corals (they are in my other tank). In it I have 2 clownfish, a goby, 2 damsels, and the new lemon peel angel. I’ve had the lemon peel for about a week now and it has barely eaten anything. When I feed the fish he acts like the food isn’t even there. I have been feeding the fish a carnivorous and omnivorous pellet food, a veggie and seaweed pellet food, and sometimes just plain seaweed. He is looking very skinny and I am worried. PLEASE HELP

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lemon peel is a tough dwarf angel to get eating. Providing plenty of grazable live rock helps. Just keep offering variety and hopefully something works.

OP
OP
L

LB11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lemon peel is a tough dwarf angel to get eating. Providing plenty of grazable live rock helps. Just keep offering variety and hopefully something works.
Ok, thanks for the advice I’ll try it

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally I recommend Seaweed Sheets/Nori. Sometimes they can get freaked out by the clip so it works to rubber band some and put it near the bottom of the tank. Is your tank well established with algae to graze on?

OP
OP
L

LB11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally I recommend Seaweed Sheets/Nori. Sometimes they can get freaked out by the clip so it works to rubber band some and put it near the bottom of the tank. Is your tank well established with algae to graze on?
There is algae in the tank for him but not a lot. I’ve just tried seaweed, Mysis shrimp, and brine shrimp and he still ignores it. It’s like he can’t even tell there is food in the tank. I called the store I got it from and they said they feed it brine shrimp but when I tried it, it just didn’t work. He is getting bloated and it looks like he has swim bladder disease. He is having some trouble swimming too. I have no idea was else to do.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be a swim bladder issue but it could also be a parasite issue. Have you done any treatment on it for parasites?

OP
OP
L

LB11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be a swim bladder issue but it could also be a parasite issue. Have you done any treatment on it for parasites?
I have been soaking his food in garlic (but that didn’t do much because he won’t eat) so I put in some ick treatment just in case if he had ick internally. UPDATE today I think his stomach shrunk a little bit and he is swimming a lot better. Is there anything else that I should try?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back