OP
OP
Melinda01

Melinda01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept a lemon tang, also know as a mimic tang, maybe a mimic yellow tang or a mimic lemonpeel tang. It is the juvenile form of the chocolate tang, which pictures do not do them justice. They are very docile and grow extremely slow, I kept one in a 90g for a couple of years. I really enjoyed him but the 90 was my lions tank and he just didn't fit in, so I gave him to a friend. I cant say yes or no on the possibility of the lemon and kole co-existing in a 72g, but they would have a chance. Here's a pic of mine changing.

007.jpg
Wow! It’s beautiful! Makes me wish I had a bigger tank! I just don’t want to add one to rehome it because it has outgrown the tank :oops:

OP
OP
Melinda01

Melinda01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow assessor? They swim upside down which is kind of cool. That’s another “cave” dweller though.

Maybe a single, larger anthias would be cool. Blotchy are yellow if you have the budget ;) Or, I’ve always wanted to try a Bimaculatus... see how I’m buying fish vicariously through you? Lol
I’m starting to lean toward a male rhomboid wrasse. Just not sure how well he would get along with an already established lineatus. He would have the yellow in him and is another beautiful fish.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m starting to lean toward a male rhomboid wrasse. Just not sure how well he would get along with an already established lineatus. He would have the yellow in him and is another beautiful fish.

I’ve seen multiple people make these two work... but personally, for me it did not. My rhomboid was atypically assertive, and after a week or so of frequent chasing my lineatus disappeared and came up crab food. He tolerated my jordani though.

5d286406d32a44dbcaa45c8f06846abd.jpg

I eventually decided to re-home my rhomboid, and will be introducing my new lineatus and a pintail to my existing jordani soon.

Best advice would be to use an acclimation box and see how the lineatus reacts to it before letting him go. My two were introduced to the tank simultaneously after being QT’d in separate tanks so I didn’t use my box, but it was definitely a huge bummer :(

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s definitely not the normal for rhomboid to be aggressive though, most people say theirs are very timid actually. I just happened to get one that wasn’t [emoji23] I might try introducing another one eventually

OP
OP
Melinda01

Melinda01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen multiple people make these two work... but personally, for me it did not. My rhomboid was atypically assertive, and after a week or so of frequent chasing my lineatus disappeared and came up crab food. He tolerated my jordani though.

5d286406d32a44dbcaa45c8f06846abd.jpg

I eventually decided to re-home my rhomboid, and will be introducing my new lineatus and a pintail to my existing jordani soon.

Best advice would be to use an acclimation box and see how the lineatus reacts to it before letting him go. My two were introduced to the tank simultaneously after being QT’d in separate tanks so I didn’t use my box, but it was definitely a huge bummer :(
That’s so sad. I would hate for anything to happen to my lineatus but I don’t want to introduce a rhomboid for him to get killed either. I know my lineatus already has his flashy displays which I love. But it concerns me that he could be a bit territorial with another wrasse so similar. I had a hooded wrasse who was introduced at the same time as the lineatus. They got along fine. But the hooded died about 6 months after getting him. No idea why. Was fine the day before. Then found him wedged in the rocks and within an hour he died. :( I may consider another tho

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might suggest a pintail, c. Isosceles... the color on these guys is amazing. This is in QT under crappy lighting and not the cleanest glass lol, I know once he is settled in the display he will look great.
fd47b6dad7c3723c9b3fe222ba7f2a51.jpg

OP
OP
Melinda01

Melinda01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might suggest a pintail, c. Isosceles... the color on these guys is amazing. This is in QT under crappy lighting and not the cleanest glass lol, I know once he is settled in the display he will look great.
fd47b6dad7c3723c9b3fe222ba7f2a51.jpg
He’s very pretty. I’ll have to look into the pintail. Wonder if him and the lineatus would play nice?

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’s very pretty. I’ll have to look into the pintail. Wonder if him and the lineatus would play nice?

Mine is with a female lineatus as we speak, but individuals may vary. Acclimation box can go a long way.

Also, sometimes adding 2 to an established 1 can make things a little easier since it spreads out the aggression. At least, that was my justification for getting the lineatus to QT with my pintail ;)

OP
OP
Melinda01

Melinda01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is with a female lineatus as we speak, but individuals may vary. Acclimation box can go a long way.

Also, sometimes adding 2 to an established 1 can make things a little easier since it spreads out the aggression. At least, that was my justification for getting the lineatus to QT with my pintail ;)
I think maybe I’ve decided. I don’t want to overstock the tank and it is getting close to the limit. Also don’t want to risk clashing personalities or cuc being eaten. With that said, I think I’m going to go with a Midas blenny for some yellow and a McCoskers wrasse for another open swimmer. Both are pretty, supposed to be full of personality, and reasonably priced.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back