OP
Lenny blenny

Lenny blenny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't over think this process. Trying to monitor levels too closely this early in the game is an exercise in futility. Just follow the instructions and test as prescribed. Did you turn off your protein skimmer off and remove your filter socks? How long have you been at the Dr. Tim's process and what is the process that you have gone so far? I am assuming you are following this process and directions?
https://www.drtimsaquatics.com/resources/fishless-cycling

Yes followed that exactly, except 4 drops per gallon has never got me even close to 2ppm, I’ve double dosed this morning and will test this afternoon and add some more if needed. I have a feeling it’s semi cycled as my nitrates are sort of increasing. When I received my dr Tim’s ammonia it had kind of leaked and had some precipitate residue on the bottle so perhaps it is not at the normal strength

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also. Test kit or testing could be a confounding factor. I would just keep it up for as long as you have product for and/or reach out to Dr Tim's.

OP
OP
Lenny blenny

Lenny blenny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank update, tank is now cycled and has been stocked for around a month.

Stocklist to date: micromussa lord, alien anti venom zoa, Rasta zoa, lepto, Duncan, 2x western Australian button scolly, a damaged orange blue tip fungia (got it mega cheap), two perc clowns, 4 turbo snails, 1 hitchhiker brittle star and a load of amphipods and copepods.

AB05A657-EC3B-4741-8B48-D690EFE9D9FE.jpeg

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably need to learn how to take better photos with the lights on haha, but it looks pretty good you’ll just have to take my word for now
It looks good without having to trust you!;)

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back