Leopard wrasse Popeye?

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
11 days ago I got three leopard wrasses. I'm on tank transfer #3 about 72 hours of first round of GC. Today I noticed the left eye of one three is not normal. What should I do at this time? I have another QT ready and I have API E.M Erythromycin and Furan-2 on hand. I did a freshwater dip before this transfer. Everyone is eating. But this guy stays in the sand most of the time.
IMG_0660.JPG
IMG_0661.JPG
IMG_0662.JPG

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Erythromycin is good for eye infections This is probably an infection that started from injury if your FW dip yielded nothing.

OP
OP
CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Erythromycin is good for eye infections This is probably an infection that started from injury if your FW dip yielded nothing.
Would it be ok to use E.M with the GC that is already in the water? I probably should do a water change soon anyway but should I just transfer into new QT with just E.M.

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it be ok to use E.M with the GC that is already in the water? I probably should do a water change soon anyway but should I just transfer into new QT with just E.M.

Yes you can just make sure to have heavy aeration (Power head breaking the surface) as antibiotics can deplete O2

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 53 80.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.1%
Back