Leptoseris looks surprised! Mouthes open!

fox0521

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! This is more of a sharing post unless anyone suggests I there is need for concern.

I’ve got a jack-o-lantern leptoseris and I noticed it’s tiny mouths open the other day. I had never noticed this behavior before and it’s all closed up and back to normal now! The coral seems to be growing well (second picture is from 12/2 for reference!), and has good coloration. I figured it was just eating since it was open just while my gold head sleeper goby was busy sifting sand and throwing who knows what into the water column, but I had never seen this coral “eat” like this before. Anyway, assuming all is well, I hope you enjoy the pics! Thanks!

12F5B276-0437-4099-B33F-060748CE4089.jpeg
737FBA90-A686-4D6D-8F32-1CC5C6524B82.jpeg

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great photos of the differences!

StlSalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is cool. Maybe they just saw that pickup truck with a step in the tailgate commercial. I don't want to post commercials here so it's a truck brand with a 3 initial name. Yes I still watch TV in real time and have to sit through commercials.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is cool. Maybe they just saw that pickup truck with a step in the tailgate commercial. I don't want to post commercials here so it's a truck brand with a 3 initial name. Yes I still watch TV in real time and have to sit through commercials.
Sorry. I almost never watch TV in real time anymore. Even sports shows I want to see, I record them and don't start watching them until it's far enough along so that I can skip the commercials and down time. o_O

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back