Lesions on Pink Streaked Wrasse

GoingBroke88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have several pink streaked wrasses in QT. Have been prophylactically treating with Copper Power (above 2.0) for the past month. Also have UV on the tank but have’n’t administered any other meds. They’ve looked healthy and we’re eating all throughout that time.

I was going to get them out of QT this weekend and noticed these whitish lesions today on one of them. Looks like they’re slightly raised and may follow the contours of the scales.

Any idea what could be going on here and what treatment is necessary? I’m also wondering what I need to do for the other guys that are in QT with him.

993E66FF-F89C-40EA-8C39-5AEE4E09A4FF.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sorry -
I have never seen that before. I presume it is on both sides of the fish? The fish looks a bit washed out, or is that just a function of the photo?

Have you considered dosing with Prazipro?

Jay

OP
OP
G

GoingBroke88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I pulled the one fish out and am giving him a bath in Ruby Reef. I dosed metronidazole in the tank. I couldn’t think of what this might be so was treating for Brooklynella.

I could do Prazipro after dropping the copper.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I pulled the one fish out and am giving him a bath in Ruby Reef. I dosed metronidazole in the tank. I couldn’t think of what this might be so was treating for Brooklynella.

I could do Prazipro after dropping the copper.
It doesn’t look like Brooklynella to me, But those treatments won’t hurt to try.
Jay

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back