less than 2 years and this $480 mp40 is more trash than a 1989 reebok pump

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
… at least them pumps did the one thing they were supposed to…. do.
which is pump.

no grinding, no wobbles, no slam dunks but at least they gave you the confidence to stunt on somebody…
these ecotech “pumps” are a joke!
ran at 4% and my dry side is grinding?!
why, i do not know.

the white controller mp’s from 2012 were so much more reliable…
cheaper too!

these clowns have decided to take your hard earned money and give you a subpar barnum and bailey circus in return…
(no wrestling alligators either!)

two thumbs (and clown shoes) down.

(get a jebao, they’re so much more reliable than this trash company ecotech’s products!)

radion g6’s are trash too…
get you some halides or t5’s
(otherwise, you are wasting your $ on inferior tech)

Last edited by a moderator:

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for reminding me about those shoes. I wonder if they still sell those anywhere?

pump it up nostalgia GIF
Edit: Wow, I guess they never stopped selling them. I probably might have know this if they made them in flippers?
fin GIF

Last edited:

zheka757

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got l2 return pump, from them and I don't trust it. Once in a while here and there it would randomly just shuts off and I have to restart it by unplugging it

Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 MP40 for 4 years now with the same wetsides. Not a single issues. Now cleaning, proper spacing for the tank glass thickness and proper alignment between the wetside and the dryside are the trick.

Oh, when cleaning (you need to disassemble the westside) and believe it or not there are a lot of users that do not know this.

But every user have a different experience and I understand your point.

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This forum needs to be a giant BUYER BEWARE for potential Ecotech customers...there are so many better options out there from a product standpoint. Time in industry has not done well for this company. Let them sink and be forgotten.

I believe their patent on the wet/dry side is coming up soon? Hopefully that means better companies will rip them off and give us more flow options which is the only thing they have going for them.

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I could say otherwise but my 2 MP40s have had more problems than any other piece of equipment or appliance I’ve owned. Running at 40% I’ve had to replace both dry sides twice in 3 years for grinding noises. If they could just use better bearings I would have had zero issues.

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is really not nice to read. There really does seem to be a variety of differences in the MP pumps. I have four Vortech pumps, two MP40 QD and two MP10 QD and none of those four have ever had any issues with running noise, popped magnets or anything. I have owned these for so many years now and have only had to change one side of an MP40 and two baskets of the MP10 once. Much more trouble for me is Mobius. I'm glad these Vortech pumps exist! For me there is no fair alternative at the moment.

xCry0x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The jebao mlw series is getting there.

I have two mlw-30s.

They don't have the flow capacity of a mp40 or mp60 for larger tanks though.

Have had two for just over a year.

I personally liked the mp series more for the broad flow and variability from the controller than the novelty of having the motor outside the tank.

So the mlw hits that for me perfectly and the motor in the tank is still very low profile ( which is likely why it can't hit the power numbers of the larger mp series pumps)

jDoSe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This forum needs to be a giant BUYER BEWARE for potential Ecotech customers...there are so many better options out there from a product standpoint. Time in industry has not done well for this company. Let them sink and be forgotten.

I believe their patent on the wet/dry side is coming up soon? Hopefully that means better companies will rip them off and give us more flow options which is the only thing they have going for them.
Ecotech is a site sponsor. ;)
$

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

A similar thread said their patent is up in 2026?

But if the design is as bad as some say it is why would another manufacturer copy that design.

jDoSe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A similar thread said their patent is up in 2026?

But if the design is as bad as some say it is why would another manufacturer copy that design.
Because the other manufacturers may have tons of different designs, fixes, or entirely new products. They just can’t make them. The alternative may look nothing like the mp40 at all; maybe like a gyre.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because the other manufacturers may have tons of different designs, fixes, or entirely new products. They just can’t make them. The alternative may look nothing like the mp40 at all; maybe like a gyre.
Then those designs wouldn’t be covered by the patent is my point.
They could be making them today, no need to wait for the patent to be up.

jDoSe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then those designs wouldn’t be covered by the patent is my point.
They could be making them today, no need to wait for the patent to be up.
Maybe they are covered is my point. We dont know the design because they wouldn’t share it before they actually can sell it.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their lights are top tier (no comment on the app) but I would never pay that ridiculous amount for a wavemaker. Even if I had the spare money for their lights, and some luxury pump I would just feel like a fool spending that money on a pump, especially given there are so many cheaper alternatives that work well. It always astounds me how much money people burn on equipment in this hobby, especially for trivial features

jDoSe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A patent has to be public, so yes we know exactly how it works.
You’re not understanding. I am saying the powerhead that doesn’t exist for sale yet (but a manufacturer wants to make) may infringe on that patent.
They are waiting for it to expire to announce that they have a new powerhead for sale.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i’m not sure what pumps you guys are using but eco-tech MP series pumps by far better than anything else on the market yes the price is a little high but get over it already!!!! So is everything else in this hobby. I can buy any powerheads that I want and I choose to only buy the best which is EcoTech

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i’m not sure what pumps you guys are using but eco-tech MP series pumps by far better than anything else on the market yes the price is a little high but get over it already!!!! So is everything else in this hobby. I can buy any powerheads that I want and I choose to only buy the best which is EcoTech

I will agree that their pumps are great but taking away WXM support on Neptune so they can push their GARBAGE Mobius ecosystem was a bad move. It's like all the smart ones left after they designed those great pumps and they let the C tier morons run loose in the Mobius department.

Their developers are simply not skilled and it shows.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back