Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about an older picture
Fall 09 and Puppies 006.JPG

And a more recent one...
Unfortunately, Brandy, the black one, doesn't have much longer left. :( We are giving her injections twice a week for her joints and it has bought her a few more quality months but the time is close.
DSC_0005-3.jpg

DSC_0006-3.jpg
What a life

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This little guy we rescued from a poorly run rescue last year. Our chiweenie Roosevelt came to us heartworm and hookworm positive, finally after a year he is worm free! Once the mud dries up around here we will bring him on long hikes. He hates the cold and it has been a long winter.
roosevelt porch.jpg

Here is Panther and Martin from several years ago, they are now 9. From what I can tell by behavior and look, they are a Burmese/Siamese mix, their sister has the typical grey Siamese look.
Panther Martin bed.jpg

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never heard of the Thai ridgeback! I consider myself a crazy dog person and have had experience with many breeds. If it wasn’t for my husband holding me back I’d have 20 dogs. So cool!
There's only a few hundred in the USA by best counts, but very common in Thailand as an ancient breed. Definitely a quirky breed and one that requires you to pay attention - very independent and intelligent but also devoted - so they're quite trainable but it takes really persistent effort. And sometimes the personality is more "cat" than "dog", lol.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So he climbs on your head in the middle of the night and throws up in your shoe like my cat does? ;)
Uhhh, no.... see the "trainable" part. ;Woot (she's actually really good about knowing what's hers and what's off limits - plus she'd rather hide under things than perch on them)
More so that she usually only wants your attention when she decides so, and can be pretty reserved around strangers. If you're loud and overbearing right away as a new person with her, she'll want nothing to do with you for a long time.

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20190417_150622.jpg
Those are some loooong legs! Great looking pup!

Here is the old boy doing some of his best work today. For a 60# dog and those legs, he can cover some ground in a hurry. He has the "whistle" GPS on his collar. Works pretty well to find him in a 40 acre circle, unless he is underground digging out a woodchuck/rabbit/fox den. He smartened up over the years. If I call for him, quiet as a mouse. He'll still run home for a gunshot though, wondering what got dropped. My neighbors know the program.

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, the bottom line seems to be... Fishkeepers are, in general, animal lovers.

Well, my story....... I grew up forbidden from having any pets (traumatic family experience with a family dog / my father just never cared for pets) When I went to college I got 'whatever I wanted' on a whim.... and now I am more selective.

I will preface this by stressing: Anyone wanting an exotic pet should do their due diligence in regards to research, and planning. With that said, I live in an area that affords me the luxury to have pretty much whatever my little heart desires (lions and tigers and bears oh my) so I've looked into Raccoons from a breeder (albinos) as well as various foxes, Arctic etc (they spray.... be prepared for a large outdoor enclosure that has a floor they can't dig out of, metal....) Coatimundi and Asian water monitors and other basic stuff...... Every time I put enough research into something (aside from the Raccoon..... they appear to be awesome pets) I decide against them.

My current plan, after researching a TON of stuff, is now to get an Ocelot. I will certainly need a secure lid for the tank.... but regardless, it's going to be years in the making, as they aren't cheap, and I have a family to take care of first and foremost.

Yeah, I like animals, the more unique the better.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sir Remington aka Remy. Shelter rescue at 3 months old.
Border collie mixed with your best guess.
Myself I think daschund or some kind of terrier. Lots of energy but smart and reserved when needed. Does a lot of off leash walks with me. Knew he was a keeper when he retrieved the first toy I tossed for him.
Though I regret not bringing his brother home too. 20190116_182157.jpeg 20180921_163446.jpeg 20180903_224639.jpeg 20181226_184009.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 46 85.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.6%
Back