Let’s see those culture setups!

shcrimps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as i start my journey into culturing live foods: phyto,pods,mysis, etc. i’d love to see some of your tanks & get ideas as to how i could go about this.

also what’s your favorite “live food” to culture?

Thanks!

c_healy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mines pretty basic and was just setup a couple of weeks ago. Once I have some time I’ll get it set up a little nicer. Right now, I’m just culturing rotifers for clownfish fry.

Attachments

• FC3084DA-2631-4A0A-8C48-374646AA5677.jpeg
    FC3084DA-2631-4A0A-8C48-374646AA5677.jpeg
    182 KB · Views: 46

dirty_south87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like those aio culture jars? I was looking at them but decided to just use buckets. They look really nice.
I love them. Great results from the start! I have went back and forth on buying them or just building my own. As you can see which direction I went, the biggest reason behind that is because of where I was gonna set up at and the fact of company came over it would Atleast look nice.

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like those aio culture jars? I was looking at them but decided to just use buckets. They look really nice.
Can't believe so many people buy those things...they're so basic yet expensive...you could piece it together just as nicely for a fraction of the price...i mean what's the real benefit?

amoore311

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't believe so many people buy those things...they're so basic yet expensive...you could piece it together just as nicely for a fraction of the price...i mean what's the real benefit?
not having to piece it together is the benefit. Some people want to click once and have it delivered to their door.

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not having to piece it together is the benefit. Some people want to click once and have it delivered to their door.
Well to each their own...lot of money to spend for that little bit of convenience but like i said to each their own

dirty_south87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much of a benefit when you can build a bigger one and all. I settled on the tanks due to the fact it’ll be out in the open to where my guest would see when they come over. It is expensive for what it is I’ll agree to that

cpschult

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well to each their own...lot of money to spend for that little bit of convenience but like i said to each their own
I don’t have it but I eyed it up. Right now I just have three buckets with a piece of banana peel for tigger pods like the lazy method, guy does it outside in the UK. I have tons of pods in the bucket I started with the banana peel, less in the bucket I started with just nano, and a bit more in the one I started with a phyto mix
image.jpg

Wildcats1023

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My setup is basic gallon jugs of distilled water from target, $20 grow light from Amazon air bubbler from Amazon. I have 2 gallons Isochrysis, tisbe pods and apolcolypse pods. I’ll be harvesting my first batch in a day or two. My pic is from a week ago. The Isochrysis is much darker now

04955ED5-A619-4FB5-B7CA-4BD641028F07.jpeg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back