Let’s See Those Nano FTS!!!

Jckisko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank looks great, I love the colors. Can we get a clearer pic of the fish in question? It sure looks like a hippo tang to me

And I love that monti btw. How long have you had it and what size did you get it as?
About 6 months (and it is a hippo)

JP21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some seriously great tanks. Used to have a great 2.5 gallon back in college. Haven't been able to do anything but hardy FW since joining the Navy. Move too much. Living vicariously through you guys!

Jaag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Some seriously great tanks. Used to have a great 2.5 gallon back in college. Haven't been able to do anything but hardy FW since joining the Navy. Move too much. Living vicariously through you guys!

Thank you for serving us.

JP21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for serving us.

None of that needed friend. Just wish I could build another salt water tank. My boys love fish tanks and would lose their minds over the builds you all have here. They get overly excited about the Betta I have in the kitchen so the stuff here would floor them!

Jonddk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Nuvo 30g. Need to get those frags off the sandbed. Restarted from a mostly softy tank to mixed with an emphasis on sps and monti at the top of the rockwork. Starting to see some good growth from them.
20181113_202840.jpg

JP21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tks for the kind words...it's an AIO setup rated 8 gallons, but after equipment and rock displacement it holds about 5 gallons

Awesome! Love the thing. How much maintenance and time does it take? Its been 10 years since I last had a SW tank but I'll be at the next duty station for 3 years and might be able to set up something small.

Iván Olalla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Love the thing. How much maintenance and time does it take? Its been 10 years since I last had a SW tank but I'll be at the next duty station for 3 years and might be able to set up something small.
Actually it´s very easy and low maintenance, i do weekly water changes of about 10%, test and clean glass, no more than 30/40 mins and that includes mixing salt, alkalinity consumption is on check with kalk in my ATO. Just some tips: let the tank cycle on it´s own, never add too much livestock at one time, introuce things slowly and let the system adapt to the bioload, also you don´t need much equipment and somo of it will depend on your livestock selection, but dont skip on a good ATO, levels can swing hard on a little setup and you want to aim for stability.

Here´s the link to my build thread, you can see there how i set up the tank and it´s evolution!

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/ivans-pico-reef.392773/page-4#post-6025149

JP21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually it´s very easy and low maintenance, i do weekly water changes of about 10%, test and clean glass, no more than 30/40 mins and that includes mixing salt, alkalinity consumption is on check with kalk in my ATO. Just some tips: let the tank cycle on it´s own, never add too much livestock at one time, introuce things slowly and let the system adapt to the bioload, also you don´t need much equipment and somo of it will depend on your livestock selection, but dont skip on a good ATO, levels can swing hard on a little setup and you want to aim for stability.

Here´s the link to my build thread, you can see there how i set up the tank and it´s evolution!

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/ivans-pico-reef.392773/page-4#post-6025149

Sounds good. What's an ATO? Lol it has been a long while.

Iván Olalla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good. What's an ATO? Lol it has been a long while.
A device to replenish fresh water to your tank due to loss of if from evaporation, it can be gravity feed (mechanical) or electrical, replensih evaporated water will keep your salinity where you want it

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 60 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back