Let’s see those Torches, Hammers and frogspawns

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres mine. Gold aussie in the very back of the second picture on the right.
Cornbread rose hammer next to the purplemonti in the front right.
2018-04-24_20.17.12.jpeg
2018-05-31_21.40.52.jpeg

OP
OP
SuperHaze57

SuperHaze57

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6f58f1946dd5ca9f7b9065c613b93afe.jpg

Sorry it’s so blue. How do I get this guy to open up more. I have tried putting in shade as well as little to no flow to see if it would open up but it always seems semi to fully retracted
What are your parameters, flow, lighting ? How long have you had it? Has it ever extended fully ? Did you purchase it at your lfs or online?

ruppertb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your parameters, flow, lighting ? How long have you had it? Has it ever extended fully ? Did you purchase it at your lfs or online?

It came from recent wwc live sale. Had it with the rest of the frags in my 180 and assumed too much flow or light I moved it around a bit under ledge on bottom behind rocks in less flow. Never really opened all the way. I moved it to wife’s jbj 28 that has a few Ricordea sand her Toby puffer. This tank only has return and one small power head and custom leds. I have whites off and blues turned all the way down. Nitrates are 5 and po4 low but not undetectable with Hanna. Actually have not tested that tank in awhile as it’s only softies and has one fish. I do a 5 gal wc weekly on it. Put it in there to see if it opens up. It is actually looking better. Maybe just had too much flow or light in big tank. I will keep an eye on it but I does look better today

OP
OP
SuperHaze57

SuperHaze57

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It came from recent wwc live sale. Had it with the rest of the frags in my 180 and assumed too much flow or light I moved it around a bit under ledge on bottom behind rocks in less flow. Never really opened all the way. I moved it to wife’s jbj 28 that has a few Ricordea sand her Toby puffer. This tank only has return and one small power head and custom leds. I have whites off and blues turned all the way down. Nitrates are 5 and po4 low but not undetectable with Hanna. Actually have not tested that tank in awhile as it’s only softies and has one fish. I do a 5 gal wc weekly on it. Put it in there to see if it opens up. It is actually looking better. Maybe just had too much flow or light in big tank. I will keep an eye on it but I does look better today
Yeah it can take awhile for them to acclimate from being shipped. I purchased 5 corals from a live sale once back in early Jan. Two of them never made it past two weeks. The other three are doing well. Keep an eye on it and updates on how it’s doing.

Brian1f1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Difference in flow probably?

No, actually, I thought so too, at first. These do not do nearly as well in high flow, in fact, I ripped polyps on the green one with it. They thin out some, but nothing like some of what’s posted here, the green one is about as big as it can be in the pic. My theory is they are collected in areas with naturally low flow, and just have fatter, stiffer, tentacles.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back