Tank_16_4_21.jpg

paal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks.

Tank is roughly 100g: 40x30x20. Set up as a semi-peninsula (short side is partly blocked)
2x Vortech MP40s for flow. Both using long pulse mode with different intervals so that water flow direction alternates every now and then. Power at about 66% for both.
Light is a Pacific Sun pandora hyperion 8x 39W t5 + 300W LED. (I guess I use roughly 200W LED)

Equipment in sump is very basic. Tank drains into skimmer section -> bubble trap with heater -> return pump/ATO/dosing section. (I dose aquaforest's comp.1.2.3.)

During startup, I had a lot of problems with dinoflagellates that I am convinced were caused by tank starting with dry rock only. Will not do that ever again. Live rock from now on for me!
For the last 3ish years though, the tank has been doing well. For the last year and a half it has been on pretty much full autopilot mode. I did a few water changes in 2019 and perhaps single one last year. Maintenance now is just to scrape film off glass, empty skimmer cup, fill up ato and mix aquaforest comp.1.2.3 when containers run low.

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I began pruning aggressively very recently. I was surprised that I'm pruning mostly the underside of the corals and not the top.

It creates lots of tunnels between the branches and the rock and the fish love it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back