Let’s see your motorized light/canopies

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I have a 7 foot long rimless tank with a Giesemann T5 fixture on top and would really like to find a visually attractive option to mount the fixture on a motorized lift so that maintenance, top down photos, and even coral acclimation can be done at a flick of a switch! I am also considering a floating canopy at some point which I would also like to have on a lift. I have seen a couple of builds that have it but not that many.

So please don’t be shy and show off your awesome installs [emoji4].

Thanks!

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
e19ee21d05af4e47cb06b9a71d48bf75.jpg

This is my current install. Would love to find an atractivo motorized lift for the fixture!

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I am looking for (minus the techno music ). This is a video from one of the most iconic reef tanks ever, "A Reef in the Sky". Would really love to hear from anyone that has something similar installed (how they did it, what hardware they used, etc). Please post pictures and videos .

nfrench2100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I am looking for (minus the techno music ). This is a video from one of the most iconic reef tanks ever, "A Reef in the Sky". Would really love to hear from anyone that has something similar installed (how they did it, what hardware they used, etc). Please post pictures and videos .

I’m afraid these types of light lifters come pre-fitted with techno music

Pivitol

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately this is not mine just a video I found, but may help give you some ideas.

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well thank you , thank you very much. Its something I'm really glad I did, makes maintenance and changing bulbs a lot easier

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well thank you , thank you very much. Its something I'm really glad I did, makes maintenance and changing bulbs a lot easier

GonçaloS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I'm planning a new tank with a motorized light hanged in the aquarium structure. It's still in construction phase, but here are some pictures to show the plan. I'll put a shutter motor inside the structure to lift the lights, probably controlled by a "light switch" to go up or down. Probably at the end of this week the structure will be ready and then I can give more information about that..

Aqua.jpg
Aqua_back_dimensions.jpg

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I'm planning a new tank with a motorized light hanged in the aquarium structure. It's still in construction phase, but here are some pictures to show the plan. I'll put a shutter motor inside the structure to lift the lights, probably controlled by a "light switch" to go up or down. Probably at the end of this week the structure will be ready and then I can give more information about that..

Aqua.jpg
Aqua_back_dimensions.jpg
Olá Gonçalo . Thank you very much for your post. I have seen a couple of those solutions already. My only question would be how much weight do those motors handle. Thanks!

GonçaloS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Olá Gonçalo . Thank you very much for your post. I have seen a couple of those solutions already. My only question would be how much weight do those motors handle. Thanks!
Sorry for the delay in answering back. From what I was told by my LFS, those motors can hold up to 50 kg (110 lb) and maybe more, since they work at low rotation.

lacrosseboss18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately this is not mine just a video I found, but may help give you some ideas.

I'd love to do this on mine. Just a pain to life the front hood for feeding and stuff. Anyone know more info on how to make this happen? My only concern would be how many times until these start having problems. Up and down 2-3 times a day. Also is it possible to only have this lift half way or is it all or nothing?

diablo243

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is just using a threaded rod actuator, the hood is just on a piano hinge. Nice design and yes you can have it stop half way. These things are loud and for feeding and what not you would want to put doors in the front too. Up and down 3 times a day would not only get old for you but shorten the life of the actuator.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back