Let’s start a thread! Odd reef relationships in your tank

Rockytop_Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got three barred dartfish that live with a tiger pistol and a yellow watchman goby. I don’t know how they all fit in that cave!

OP
OP
neltel_7

neltel_7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive got two black ocellaris that took in my lonely wyoming white ( lost the other wyoming white in the overflow shortly after i got them) and they do everything together been that way since march. Also my blue hippo, lemon peele angel, and Ora fire clown all sleep under the same rock and cruise together (all three are about the same size. i actually caught my blue hippo laying in some pallys with my fire clown one night... sort of cuddling lol
thats so funny
just curious but, does the lemon peele of yours pick at corals?

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My Tomini Tang follows my Argus wrasse (similar to Melanarus) everywhere in the tank. They weren’t added at the same time, Tomini was in the tank first. When the Argus was added the Tomini was a little aggressive at first mainly it seemed tailing the wrasse around to keep an eye on him, and flashing fins while doing it. Then he settled down and now months later he just follows the wrasse around as it patrols and grazes while he does. I bet the tang gets confused every evening when the wrasse disappears for the night.

Kbrow0810

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My molly miller blenny and flame hawkfish have a solid relationship. They generally stay within a few inches of each other.

RichReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purple tang and yellow coris. Always together.

The purple tang is like a policeman. My tank is pretty peaceful now but when I've had troublemakers in the tank he would always get in between any fish skirmishes and break them up.

Kyuss414

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My yellow clown goby and bicolored blenny hang out a lot.
20190828_163820.jpg
Please tell me you named them Statler and Waldorf. I thought of that right away before even noticing your avatar.

genetao

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few years ago, I Purchased a tiny cherub angelfish and a solar wrasse. Since they were from the same tank at the aquarium shop, I put them in the same quarantine system at home. The cherub followed that solar wrasse everywhere, especially when put in the new display tank. They were an inseparable bond, eating together, sleeping together, and swimming together, even when the cherub got to be almost full size.

Then my mom suddenly and unexpectedly pass away, so I had to fly out to her home in Oregon for 2 weeks To bury her and manage her estate. My auto top off eventually ran out of water, the salinity spiked in my tank.

My wife did the best that she could to take care of my many tanks while I was gone, but when I got back home two weeks later, they were both dead. So were a few other prized fish including a prized Siamese fighting betta. But I still miss those two the most.

The solar wrasse always came out to greet me and even spit water at the surface when it thought I was gonna feed him. And when I was trying to do tank maintenance, it would always want to be as close to as possible, curious as to see if there’s food. I would shoo it away, But it would come back in a few seconds. I still miss them to this day. P

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know clowns can be weird and take to many different corals; our two clowns LOVE this chalice, they guard it, sleep on it, and don’t really leave it...even to eat. They wait for the food to come to them.

Luckily the chalice doesn’t mind a bit, still growing daily.

image.jpg

toadstool_paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a lonely midnight ocellaris and when I got my yellow banded possum wrasse they became inseparable. They travel the tank together and eat together and rub up against each other. I named them Romeo and Juliet.

Bassmaster116

IDK what im doing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats so funny
just curious but, does the lemon peele of yours pick at corals?
No sir thought maybe it was the issue why i wasn’t getting PE but then i realized it was a few other issues. I sat for hours watching him. He is also very young, will be moving him as a precaution before it does happen! It may not just because i feed pretty heavy and often lol

OP
OP
neltel_7

neltel_7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few years ago, I Purchased a tiny cherub angelfish and a solar wrasse. Since they were from the same tank at the aquarium shop, I put them in the same quarantine system at home. The cherub followed that solar wrasse everywhere, especially when put in the new display tank. They were an inseparable bond, eating together, sleeping together, and swimming together, even when the cherub got to be almost full size.

Then my mom suddenly and unexpectedly pass away, so I had to fly out to her home in Oregon for 2 weeks To bury her and manage her estate. My auto top off eventually ran out of water, the salinity spiked in my tank.

My wife did the best that she could to take care of my many tanks while I was gone, but when I got back home two weeks later, they were both dead. So were a few other prized fish including a prized Siamese fighting betta. But I still miss those two the most.

The solar wrasse always came out to greet me and even spit water at the surface when it thought I was gonna feed him. And when I was trying to do tank maintenance, it would always want to be as close to as possible, curious as to see if there’s food. I would shoo it away, But it would come back in a few seconds. I still miss them to this day. P
Im sorry to hear that :( you should get another one!
even though it probably wont be the same

NinnJinn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
During quarantine last year my blue hippo would swim around with my yellow tang.

When the yellow tang did not make it through quarantine the blue hippo start swimming around with the coral beauty.

When I had a bloom in my DT and lost coral beauty. The blue hippo started swimming around with my royal gamma.

My Royal tends to be a loner so is constantly hiding in his little cave so therefore the blue hippo hides next to him

Jmas4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a new one. This is more of a relationship with himself, but my blond naso tang plays with bubbles.

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 125 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back