Let me see your tank if you use NSW from the Scripps Pier in San Diego

FrugalReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just like the title says, I want to see your reef tank if you use NSW from the Scripps Pier in San Diego. Just got some for the first time earlier today after researching and hearing many good things about it and I'm planning on using it for a water change. Alkalinity tested at 6.5 dKH (Salifert) so I'm planning on increasing it beforehand.

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just like the title says, I want to see your reef tank if you use NSW from the Scripps Pier in San Diego. Just got some for the first time earlier today after researching and hearing many good things about it and I'm planning on using it for a water change. Alkalinity tested at 6.5 dKH (Salifert) so I'm planning on increasing it beforehand.
I'd probably use NSW if I lived just a little closer to the ocean...is this water you've collected yourself or does a company collect and distribute it?

OP
OP
FrugalReefer

FrugalReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd probably use NSW if I lived just a little closer to the ocean...is this water you've collected yourself or does a company collect and distribute it
I'd probably use NSW if I lived just a little closer to the ocean...is this water you've collected yourself or does a company collect and distribute it?
The Oceanography research institution at UCSD (University of California San Diego) are the ones who collect and filter the water and provide it to laboratories, public aquariums (notably the Birch Aquarium here in San Diego), as well as commercial and private aquariums (AKA reef keepers like you and I) for free. I'm fortunate to live 15 minutes away and I've heard mostly positive things about the water.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 59 85.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back