Lethargic Clownfish

Willow59

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my clownfish pair since December of 2019 and they've always been very active and healthy fish. I added a neon green toadstool to my tank in October of 2021 and the male began hosting it a couple of months ago. He lays in it and looks almost comatose. I noticed last week that he really doesn't ever leave it even at feeding times now, and he hasn't eaten anything that I've seen in a week or more. His swimming is also now poor. Has anyone ever had issues with a toadstool affecting a clownfish? I'm not seeing fish aggression.
Water parameters are stable with ammonia and nitrites at zero. Nitrates are a bit high in the 40-80 range, but they've been consistent. No new fish additions or coral additions since the toadstool in October. (Picture from May 24, 2022)

Kevin.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Is fish eating?
How is breathing-fast/normal?
Is color faded?

Around white band, appears as brook

OP
OP
Willow59

Willow59

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is fish eating?
How is breathing-fast/normal?
Is color faded?

Around white band, appears as brook
Thanks, @vetteguy53081

Eating? No
Breathing? Normal
Color? Normal (possibly a small fade due to lack of nutrition)

The picture isn't the highest resolution, but his coloring overall is similar to what it's always been so I'm pretty confident it's not brook.

Fins aren't shredded but aren't healing normally, again i imagine due to lack of nutrition.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks, @vetteguy53081

Eating? No
Breathing? Normal
Color? Normal (possibly a small fade due to lack of nutrition)

The picture isn't the highest resolution, but his coloring overall is similar to what it's always been so I'm pretty confident it's not brook.

Fins aren't shredded but aren't healing normally, again i imagine due to lack of nutrition.
You can give the fish a 5 minute freshwater dip in water the same temperature as display tank to offer it temporary relief and then a 69 minute bath in ruby rally pro then treat with ruby rally or quick cure

Back