Let's Discuss the IceCap K1 Nano Protein Skimmer

OP
OP
nautical_nathaniel

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can we get another update @nautical_nathaniel @lmarlowe ? Been a little over a month and my trigger finger is still itching to buy this thing.
So, it works pretty good once it is broke in. I have been feeding my tank less, so I don't have to clean it as often, but at least once a week I dump a pretty dark pile of semi-solid skimmate and clean off quite a bit as well from the neck of the cup and the top of the skimmer body.

I will say that it is very finicky to readjust when you do a deep clean on the entire skimmer, so I have just been cleaning the cup and the upper most parts of the skimmer body. Since I started doing that it has done very well, much better than the old IM Ghost Skimmer I was using.

It is still pretty loud compared to the rest of the equipment I use, but it is a consistent sound so you can eventually learn to ignore it.

I don't know if it is still as hard to find as it was when I bought it, so good luck hunting it down! Beware of scalpers on eBay, I saw one for sale for $200 on there...

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, it works pretty good once it is broke in. I have been feeding my tank less, so I don't have to clean it as often, but at least once a week I dump a pretty dark pile of semi-solid skimmate and clean off quite a bit as well from the neck of the cup and the top of the skimmer body.

I will say that it is very finicky to readjust when you do a deep clean on the entire skimmer, so I have just been cleaning the cup and the upper most parts of the skimmer body. Since I started doing that it has done very well, much better than the old IM Ghost Skimmer I was using.

It is still pretty loud compared to the rest of the equipment I use, but it is a consistent sound so you can eventually learn to ignore it.

I don't know if it is still as hard to find as it was when I bought it, so good luck hunting it down! Beware of scalpers on eBay, I saw one for sale for $200 on there...

Awesome, just the feedback I was looking for. My new house I was able to move the tank out of my bedroom so noise shouldn't be an issue As soon as I can find one I'll get it!

lmarlowe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can we get another update @nautical_nathaniel @lmarlowe ? Been a little over a month and my trigger finger is still itching to buy this thing.

Still waiting on it to be available. No one has them. Coralvue is the distributor, perhaps they will know best. I want a second one, my brother in law wants one. Others are waiting just as you are.

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still waiting on it to be available. No one has them. Coralvue is the distributor, perhaps they will know best. I want a second one, my brother in law wants one. Others are waiting just as you are.

I've been checking every week since the skimmer was mentioned on this thread..still nothing.

OP
OP
nautical_nathaniel

nautical_nathaniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

lmarlowe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, i've seen that listing before. Does that person really think they'll get someone to buy that lol

From the main distributor:

---------- Please type your reply above this line ----------

Unfortunately we don't have an ETA at this time but I can leave this ticket open and let you know when we get sold date for their arrival.

---
Sincerely,
Angie Brumfield

---
You may reply to this email or follow the link below:
https://www.coralvue.com/support/ticket_a698Wd80VcAYV72O

Ticket Code: ESX-DIRHX-272
Email: [email protected]

OP
OP
nautical_nathaniel

nautical_nathaniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's no way that's legit.

A nano skimmer is not that important..lol
They probably sold a few at normal msrp and have deliberately raised the price as stock decreased, eBay will continue to show the amount sold from a seller, but will not show when and at what price it was.

OP
OP
nautical_nathaniel

nautical_nathaniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to let everyone know, these appear to be back in stock on some websites. Premium Aquatics and Saltwateraquarium.com are showing them in stock :)

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Kind of upset. I was dead set on buying this but instead wound up getting the Aquamaxx HOB 1 on clearance. The Aquamaxx is a beast but its rather huge and cumbersome. Literally the day after hooking up my Aquamaxx i got emails saying the Icecap was back in stock, what are the odds? Oh well, i think ill just keep the Aquamaxx. I can always use the Aquamaxx on my next tank seeing as its rated for 75 gallons or so.

Tureefik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone having problems with micro bubbles from the K1?
I just set mines up last night and I’m getting lots of microbubbles in my display.
I’m not sure if it just needs to break in more or what.

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone having problems with micro bubbles from the K1?
I just set mines up last night and I’m getting lots of microbubbles in my display.
I’m not sure if it just needs to break in more or what.

I'm sure Break in is needed. You can run it in a bucket of vinegar for a few hours to reduce the break in time

OP
OP
nautical_nathaniel

nautical_nathaniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely needs a bit of break in, mine produced micro bubbles for a few days.

tmabry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just installed one on my IM nuvo 10. Seems to not be doing much except pumping massive amounts of microbubbles into the tank. Adjusted like the coral vue video isntructed but theres not really any pea sized bubbles at the top. Its mainly really small bubbles. The videos ive seen it produced much larger bubbles.

Will the microbubbles decrease as it breaks in? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

IMG_7556.JPG

IMG_5660.JPG

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 47 48.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 52 53.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 22 22.4%
  • None.

Votes: 26 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.2%
Back