Lets hear the name of your aquarium animals!

fishermanaurl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two clowns, Emo and Nemo!
+ a diamond goby that recently died called Gobe (like you know how human Gabriel is shortened to Gabe?)

He he he he heeeeeee :)

OneSockERock

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha great thread, love seeing everyone's names! I have to admit though, I pick out the fish but my SO does most of the naming. It's one of her favorite things about my hobby, besides picking out coral pieces for me to attempt not to kill.

20L
Hubert - Pajama Cardinal (my OG fish, 6 years old now)
Claws - Randalli Pistol Shrimp (Double OG, lived in the tank before I inherited it, 7-8 years old)
Trundle - Yellow Watchman Goby (Claw's current buddy)
Frank - Tiger Brittle Star
Billy Banana, Psycho Pete and Grover - Scarlet Hermits
Mythical King Worm - Large bristle worm ~1/2in thick. Periodic sightings over the years, most recently when I ripped out a large chunk of Caulerpa about a month ago and the thing came out and sprayed a cloud of pink goo, presumably spawning.

40B
Peapod - Rainford's Goby (Biota)
Gerard - Starry Goby (Biota)
Consuela - Firefish
Conchaldor - Strawberry Conch
Chester - Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
Big Bumbler, Dangle, Rocky, Pablo, and No name so sad - Scarlet Hermits (except Pablo who is clearly not a scarlet although was sold to me as one...)

29g QT
Nigel - Ruby Long Finned Fairy Wrasse (Graduates to the 40B this weekend!)
Berta & Marta - Converted Molly QT friends

RIP :(
Betty - Occ Clownfish (Double OG, jumped out soon after I inherited the 20L)
Goby - Hi Fin Goby (Another Double OG and Claw's original buddy, passed away ~3 years ago)
Antonio - Azure Damselfish (Died within the first week I had him early in the 20L life)
Flop - Fowleria Cardinalfish (Very timid fish, hid behind the rock work and in the macro algae of the 20L. No idea if he was eating much, I would just drop pellets and spray frozen back there for him. Lived for a little over a year before I found him half swimming half floating one morning)
Peppermint #1 & #2 - Peppermint Shrimp (Both murdered by Claws)
Barnabas - Occ Clownfish (Recently jumped out of a <1in gap in the screen over the 40B. Gap has since been fixed)

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an office tank and the fish are named after other coworkers. I have not named any of the fish, the other people here do.

Clowns- Renee and Eric
Green goby- Scott
6 Line- Mary
Blenny- Walter
Shrimp- Pete
YWG-Casper

ultraArcite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I name all my fish if they live past the first 2 weeks. Right now in my reef system I have:
1. Tommy the tomini tang
2 & 3. Jet and Piper, the green Citron gobies
4 & 5. Jammies and PJ, the pajama cardinal fish
6. Ozzie, the occellaris clownfish
7. Flame, the firefish goby
8. Monarch, the royal gramma
9. Barney, the barnacle blenny
10. Bandit, the masked goby
11, 12, 13 & 14. Thing (1), (2), (3) and (4), my 4 yellow tail damsels.
15. Guardian, the yellow watchman goby
16. Molly McGuire, the saltwater acclimated molly.

I also have Rice Krispies, the pistol shrimp and Connie, the fighting conch.
By aquatic animals, I take it you mean "pets", since that's what they are! I also name all of my pets:

From my build thread,
  • Scar: RWU captive-bred Royal Gramma
  • Jack & Sally: Captive-bred Kaudern's Cardinalfish (bonded pair)
  • Tiana & Naveen: Biota Captive-Bred Blue Mandarin (select pair)
  • Donald & Daisy: Asia captive-bred Rolland's Damselfish x2
  • Yzma & Kronk: ORA captive-bred black Ocellaris Clownfish (bonded pair)
  • Meeko: ORA Captive-Bred Sharknose Goby
  • Wall-E & Eve: ORA captive-bred Percula Picasso Clownfish (select pair)
  • Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head: RWU Captive-Bred Blood Red Fire Shrimp (bonded pair)
  • Aliens: ORA captive-bred Peppermint Shrimp x8
I also have 2 freshwater tanks,

20-gallon long
  • The Meeseeks: 12 Harlequin rasbora
  • Jan-Michael Vincent: 8 Green neon rasbora
  • Michael (there was a Pichael; you can ask about the story): 1 Siamese algae eater
  • A lot of cherry shrimp
Fluval Spec 16
  • Hondo: Clown Pleco
  • The Jawas: 6 Khuli Loaches
  • The Stormtroopers: 10 Exclamation point rasbora
  • Zero the Hutt: Nerite Snail
  • Dooku & Ventress: Scarlet Badis pair

hqn77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pair of juvenile blood orange clowns. Just paired up about a month ago. Whenever they figure out which one is female, they will be known as Stewie and Brian.

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have tavi the tail spot blenny who has a staring problem and then my accidental yellow banded pygmy wrasse named watermelon and then goopy the lettuce sea slug and then the dungeon master my blood shrimp i called him that because he likes to stay in one cave all the time

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clearly Darla feels the same way!

Poor little Petey. Apparently the whole, ‘grass is greener, burrows are deeper’ mindset just doesn’t apply to his situation.
Ha ha, that is hilarious!

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha great thread, love seeing everyone's names! I have to admit though, I pick out the fish but my SO does most of the naming. It's one of her favorite things about my hobby, besides picking out coral pieces for me to attempt not to kill.

20L
Hubert - Pajama Cardinal (my OG fish, 6 years old now)
Claws - Randalli Pistol Shrimp (Double OG, lived in the tank before I inherited it, 7-8 years old)
Trundle - Yellow Watchman Goby (Claw's current buddy)
Frank - Tiger Brittle Star
Billy Banana, Psycho Pete and Grover - Scarlet Hermits
Mythical King Worm - Large bristle worm ~1/2in thick. Periodic sightings over the years, most recently when I ripped out a large chunk of Caulerpa about a month ago and the thing came out and sprayed a cloud of pink goo, presumably spawning.

40B
Peapod - Rainford's Goby (Biota)
Gerard - Starry Goby (Biota)
Consuela - Firefish
Conchaldor - Strawberry Conch
Chester - Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
Big Bumbler, Dangle, Rocky, Pablo, and No name so sad - Scarlet Hermits (except Pablo who is clearly not a scarlet although was sold to me as one...)

29g QT
Nigel - Ruby Long Finned Fairy Wrasse (Graduates to the 40B this weekend!)
Berta & Marta - Converted Molly QT friends

RIP :(
Betty - Occ Clownfish (Double OG, jumped out soon after I inherited the 20L)
Goby - Hi Fin Goby (Another Double OG and Claw's original buddy, passed away ~3 years ago)
Antonio - Azure Damselfish (Died within the first week I had him early in the 20L life)
Flop - Fowleria Cardinalfish (Very timid fish, hid behind the rock work and in the macro algae of the 20L. No idea if he was eating much, I would just drop pellets and spray frozen back there for him. Lived for a little over a year before I found him half swimming half floating one morning)
Peppermint #1 & #2 - Peppermint Shrimp (Both murdered by Claws)
Barnabas - Occ Clownfish (Recently jumped out of a <1in gap in the screen over the 40B. Gap has since been fixed)
Wow, that is a lot of creatures to name!

jeffchapok

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They all have names. These are some of my
favorites...

My clowns are Bruce and Caitlyn (cuz all clowns are born male, get it?).

My hippo tang is Doreen, because Dory is too cliched.

My flame hawk is Rodney, because he don't get no respect. 1622558156997.png

Sheldon, the squamosa clam.

Murray, the banded coral shrimp (he has stripes, and Bill Murray started in Stripes).

We even name some corals like Fungia Bobby ( for the Friends fans here).

And of course, Wubby the BTA.
IMG_20190608_183151543 (1).jpg

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 x clownfish ( coral and marlin) nemo mum and dad names.
Sassy the wrassy.
Big bad bren the gold streaked blennie.
Moby the goby
Bossy boots the pistol shrimp.
And crabbie the crab and 2 hermits unnamed

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have one fish right now, a royal gramma named Tiger, and I plan to name one of my other fish that I’ll get Medusa. I need some more ideas which im about to steal from this thread… thanks guys :)
I remembered this thread so I’m coming back. Just got two clownfish and named them Medusa and Soren.
the Darwin clown which is much larger, blacker, and most likely to become the female is Medusa and the ocellaris clown is much smaller, lighter, and most likely to stay male is Soren
BD11E3BF-3A57-4BF7-9F02-3AA873139FFA.jpeg

jurgenph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my kids names some of them...

royal gramma : the queen of england (they thought it was a royal grandma :D

some that i remember from previous tanks

purple firefish: machete
yellow clown gobie: acro killer
clownfish: fish stick

cant seem to remember the others now :)

J.

Patientman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a few of my "named" fish:
Female clown - Big mama
Male clown - Mister-Mister
Hawkfish - Hawkeye (as in Pierce)

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Female Clown - Cecil
Male Clown - Frederick
Conch - Michael

Named by my husband ahahha

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bozo the clown, Hornblower the sailfin, Astro the starry blenny, Larry, his brother Darrell and his other brother Darrell and his other brother Darrell and his....... the 9 chromis. Pyro the flame fin, Jerk the koran angel, Ming the emperor
Drac the Niger trigger, Nautilus the file fish, Bananya the foxeface, Herp and Derp the clowns, Tiny and Mini the bicolor angels. Ripclean the banded sleeper goby. Radio, Zebro and Baby the lions. Slim and Kraken the eels. Penny the CBB.
Spot the two spot.
Pokey, Stabby and Jabby the long spine urchins, Tennesee the tuxedo urchin.

R33fDaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Names of My Fish Family

Major Payne - Sohal loves for me to pet me him. Gets so excited when I put my hand in the tank that throws water everywhere lol.

Sleepy - Hippo tang, this dude is the first one to go to sleep and the last one to wake up. Sleepy is tucked in his rock crevice promptly at 6pm.

Johnny Bravo - Blonde Naso, very laid back and will only Algae. Literally wouldn't eat a brine shrimp if it hit him in the face lol.

Courage - Blue throat Trigger. This is the scariest fish Ive seen in my life. Soon as the front door opens he runs and hides. He hates when guest are over and any flashes or loud sounds and his out. He's name after Courage The Cowardly Dog lol.

Kobe - Purple Tang, this is a special fish friend. This guy had Ich and I made him an emergency bucket ER because he nearly died. For two days striaght I slept next to the bucket and would push him around in circles to keep water moving through his gills. For hours Kobe would just lay on the bottom of the bucket and not move. Needless to say Kobe pulled through and is a happy Guy. Named him Kobe because he truly has that Mamba Mentality, what a fighter.

Bubbles - Orange Shoulder Tang that thinks he's a sand sifting goby lol. This fish will go to the bottom of the tank scoop up a bunch of sand into his mouth. Swim to the top of the tank take in some air and then blows bubbles as the sand falls through his gills making a mess on my corals lol. Weirdest thing I've every seen.

Woody - SquareTail Bristletooth Tang that doesn't care about anybody or whatever is going on around him lol. This fish just swims around and pecks on rocks all day long. He's named after Woody the Woodpecker; I would like to tell you more about him but honestly he doesn't have time for me lol.

The Three Stooges - Larry, Curly and Mo are my ocellaris misbar clownfish. These guys are true Knuckleheads. They spend all day pretending to host in different Corals just to make the other ones Jealous lol

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 69 52.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back