Lets hear the name of your aquarium animals!

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Names of My Fish Family

Major Payne - Sohal loves for me to pet me him. Gets so excited when I put my hand in the tank that throws water everywhere lol.

Sleepy - Hippo tang, this dude is the first one to go to sleep and the last one to wake up. Sleepy is tucked in his rock crevice promptly at 6pm.

Johnny Bravo - Blonde Naso, very laid back and will only Algae. Literally wouldn't eat a brine shrimp if it hit him in the face lol.

Courage - Blue throat Trigger. This is the scariest fish Ive seen in my life. Soon as the front door opens he runs and hides. He hates when guest are over and any flashes or loud sounds and his out. He's name after Courage The Cowardly Dog lol.

Kobe - Purple Tang, this is a special fish friend. This guy had Ich and I made him an emergency bucket ER because he nearly died. For two days striaght I slept next to the bucket and would push him around in circles to keep water moving through his gills. For hours Kobe would just lay on the bottom of the bucket and not move. Needless to say Kobe pulled through and is a happy Guy. Named him Kobe because he truly has that Mamba Mentality, what a fighter.

Bubbles - Orange Shoulder Tang that thinks he's a sand sifting goby lol. This fish will go to the bottom of the tank scoop up a bunch of sand into his mouth. Swim to the top of the tank take in some air and then blows bubbles as the sand falls through his gills making a mess on my corals lol. Weirdest thing I've every seen.

Woody - SquareTail Bristletooth Tang that doesn't care about anybody or whatever is going on around him lol. This fish just swims around and pecks on rocks all day long. He's named after Woody the Woodpecker; I would like to tell you more about him but honestly he doesn't have time for me lol.

The Three Stooges - Larry, Curly and Mo are my ocellaris misbar clownfish. These guys are true Knuckleheads. They spend all day pretending to host in different Corals just to make the other ones Jealous lol
how do you like that blue throated trigger? I've been seriously considering one for my tank.

R33fDaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do you like that blue throated trigger? I've been seriously considering one for my tank.
I like him and he's a cool fish with a lot of personality.

However I would highly recommend purchasing a pair of them. If the male Blue Throat is not around a female he will loose his color eventually. This is what has happened to Courage, he use to have a deep blue mark on his jaw and phins had bright yellow outlines. Pretty much all his color has vanished. Aslo try to get them from Hawaii, those have even brighter colors

If you do get one or the pair expect them to take sometime before they get use to you. Courage hid for three months and only came out to eat lol

Last edited:

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like him and he's a cool fish with a lot of personality.

However I would highly recommend purchasing a pair of them. If the male Blue Throat is not around a female he will loose his color eventually. This is what has happened to Courage, he use to have a deep blue mark on his jaw and phins had bright yellow outlines. Pretty much all his color has vanished. Aslo try to get them from Hawaii, those have even brighter colors

If you do get one or the pair expect them to take sometime before they get use to you. Courage hid for three months and only came out to eat lol
thank you for the feedback!

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my kids names some of them...

royal gramma : the queen of england (they thought it was a royal grandma :D

some that i remember from previous tanks

purple firefish: machete
yellow clown gobie: acro killer
clownfish: fish stick

cant seem to remember the others now :)

J.
Ha ha, that is so funny about the royal grammar being royal grandma!

I just got a new percula clownfish that had been in a friend's tank for 10 years. When I asked it's name they said that they never have it one because they were afraid if they named it, it would die. Well, I immediately dubbed him Perky, and he's doing fine.

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow Watchman Gobies - Macaroni and Cheese (unfortunately Cheese is no longer with us, just 'Roni)
Tiger Pistol Shrimp - Doozer
Red-Lined Wrasse - Risky
Mocha Clownfish - Amy and Rory
Pink-Streaked Wrasse - Gracie
Midas Blenny - Little Wing
Blue Leg Hermits - Ghost in the Shell and Humpty Dumpty (he's no longer with us but was a cool dude)
Tiger Conch - Lurch
Mexican Turbo - Gary (no longer with us but he was an awesome snail)
My original two Trochus snails got names - Charlie and Typhoid Mary (always has a crazy algae hairdo)
Trochus with a lot of filter feeding hitchhikers got a name - Smallville
Peppermint Shrimps - Big Mama and Lil' Papa (they spawn all the time)
Tuxedo Urchin - Roomba

Twitchy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We use the name of the fish as the name for the most part... Sailfin tang is sailfin, Etc. except the lawnmower blenny, he is named Lenny.
But with the broodstock system having so many gem tangs, we got creative, mostly because I needed a way to categorize, and record them.

fish.png

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clowns are named Ellie and Joel (Last of us game) and my peppermint shrimps name is Pepe
Love the Last of Us and I think I am in the minority that thinks part 2 was as good as the first, at the very least I don’t understand the backlash and I think it exposed the worst parts of gaming culture. But anyway, love the names.

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot about the guys in the nano!

Porcelain Crab - Fanny McFanface
Pom Pom Crab - Pom Pom (yes very creative)
Yasha Goby - Fettuccini (still looking for an Alfredo to pair with her)
Candy Cane Pistol Shrimp - Garlic

BPCGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blanket and Baskets (Ocellaris clown pair)
Zippy (Yellow-banded possum wrasse)
Weirdo (Tailspot blenny)
Pickle (green clown goby) IG @pickle_clowngoby
Goggles (Yasha Goby)
Olmstead (tiger pistol shrimp)
Radar (skunk cleaner shrimp)

The_Skrimp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bill and Ted (clowns)
Alan Moore (Yellow Watchman Goby)
Gomez (melanurus wrasse)
Beatrix Kiddo (One spot fox face)
Hellboy (pistol shrimp)
Los Vatos Locos (my mexican turbos)
Roomba (tuxedo urchin)

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best thing I've read all day lolllllll
not kidding
Yellow Tang: Nemesio
Red Eyed Kole Tang: Griselda
some kind of jaw fish: El Chapo (kept jumping out the tank even with preventatives)
Hippo Tang: Pablo
Clown #1: Karat
Clown #2: Nemo....(this wasn't my choice)
Engineer Goby: Jardine

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't name them

I make them wear jerseys with #s on the jersey

I do play by play announcing during feeding time

John Smoltz Summer GIF by MLB Network
So you must be a sports fan. If I announced the # on their jersey my first fish would be #58 for Kris Letang on the Pgh Penguins!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back