RyanCSGO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PolypLabs ReefRoids once per week
Omega One flakes and pellets, I feed the flakes more often than the pellets
frozen brine or mysis once or twice a month as a treat.

since I started feeding flake more often than anything else I've seen way less random algae blooms of any kind.

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PolypLabs ReefRoids once per week
Omega One flakes and pellets, I feed the flakes more often than the pellets
frozen brine or mysis once or twice a month as a treat.

since I started feeding flake more often than anything else I've seen way less random algae blooms of any kind.

That's surprising. I thought I read that flakes were the most harmful to the tank as far as adding unwanted nutrients and provide the least health benefit to fish. Mostly ash or something I think, and least amount of protein. Whatever works ;)

RyanCSGO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's surprising. I thought I read that flakes were the most harmful to the tank as far as adding unwanted nutrients and provide the least health benefit to fish. Mostly ash or something I think, and least amount of protein. Whatever works ;)
Could depend on the brand perhaps. This is the only flake food I put in my tanks anymore

IMG_2253.JPG

IMG_2254.JPG

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't keep corals, so I'll list what I feed the fish....

Pellets I use either regular New Life Spectrum 1mm or I use New Life Spectrum Grow .5mm because it has a higher protein content and is smaller for the Wrasses little mouths. So the Red Coris Wrasse doesn't have to grab 5 big pellets, bring it to a remote location to spit them out and eat them 1 at a time, then the Formosa Wrasse follows her to steal what she spits out on the floor. I also feed the PE Mysis pellets, which all the fish love.

I feed the Purple vitamin C Hikari frozen mysis 2-3 times per week, soaked in either Selcon or Kent Zoe with Zoecon.

I also feed the 2 Mag Foxfaces their algae from Julian Sprung, the green one. I found that instead of putting it on a clip or holder, that tearing off bite sized pieces and dropping them in like flakes saves me from having tiny pieces floating around the tank because they eat it in one shot.

I also have San Francisco Bay freeze dried mysis and plankton but haven't used it in a while.

I had 4 different types of flake food but for some reason there's always one color of flake the fish won't eat. So I canned the flakes completely.

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could depend on the brand perhaps. This is the only flake food I put in my tanks anymore

IMG_2253.JPG

IMG_2254.JPG

Yea, that's a good one. I had a different Omega One and the nutrition was terrible, which is why I switched to pellets. But I gotta try that version. It's very comparable to my pellets...

IMG_20170808_010735.jpg

ALbque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the food I feed fish with, along with frozen , mysis shrimp, bloodworms , and nori for my Tang. Coral get marine snow , reefroids, frozen rotifers and spirulina. Works 4 me

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use LRS Reef Frenzy, a home made copy of Reef Frenzy that is 1/10th the price, NLS Algaemax Pellets and Regular NLS Pellets.

cypherljk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use LRS Reef Frenzy and NLS Pellets and sometimes PE Mysis

reefs+waves

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rods food herbivore blend and hikari mysis. Everything is growing well

srad750c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Elos AA every day and Phytofeast and Oysterfeast 2 times a week. I also feed brine shrimp, plankton, Rods Foods, spriulina flakes, PE mysis and PE calanus everyday in some form or fashion. I change what I feed tank every 3-4 days.

Lovemyreef2015

Reefing Mom!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20171117_112839.jpg
20171117_113021.jpg
20171117_112646.jpg
this is what we feed our reef. Didn't feel like typing it all out so here are the pictures. We also feed gut loaded live brine shrimp.

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed my fish live Blackworms and then follow it with a broadcast feeding of Mysis and LRS, so the corals are fed also. I will supplement that with an occasional feeding of Reef Frenzy mixed with rotifers, cyclopods or what ever I happen to have at the time.

sundog101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lrs, rods, chopped clams, mysis, blackworms, nutramar ova. One I really like the “Krabby joe’s roe” eggs. IMO, it’s better than nutramar ova. I can’t find them online, but my lfs has them.

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1/4 to a 1/2tsp of Reefroids and a thawed out 1/4 cube of frozen Hikari Coral Gumbo in a 4oz. glass filled with tank water. The first fill of the mix in the turkey baster is target fed for the Blueberry Gorgonion. The rest of the glass is broadcasted off the two flows pouring back into the tank.

received_10212727931025233.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back