Lets see those CLAM photos! Clams that you have, had, or even photographed.

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a window on other side of the tank?
It can feel the light change/different when you walk between your tank and the window. If I close my window shade then the light in my tank is brighter then it won't see the light different unless I came real close to the tank and my shadow reflection will make it close but will open up almost right a way if I stand still.
I do! That must be it!

BrettMallette

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine only rly dislikes it when my fish hover nowadays. Took it almost a year to b ot quite as skittish. But any time i walk into the basement it adjusts to the light disturbance. It also doesnt like late night tv all that much when its trying to sleep ;)

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d say the clam is acclimated and doing great it’s been on the spot for three days now and hasn’t moved!

3BB8FB0A-D645-4373-BDC5-ADC73F050D01.jpeg

needbiggertanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just try to contribute to the clam thread [emoji14]
Tridacna Hippopus
tridacna hippopus.jpg

Maxima (this one really sensitive to light so at this time (1800) in my house it won't wide open but I took picture anyway!)
Maxima.jpg

I tried to place it at perfect orientation but keep went back to this position because of their shell open/close mechanic, so I just let it be. :p
Hippos are underrated IMO

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 33 52.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 35 55.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • None.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 7.9%
Back