Lets see those CLAM photos! Clams that you have, had, or even photographed.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got him from Austin Aqua Farm.
I lost him and I don't even know why. My other clams are doing fine but he just stop growing and slowly retracted and eventually died. No parasite, no PMD, no pests. He just up and died over 6 months. The one good thing about it is he did not past it on to any other clams. Same light, same place in the sump with my other clams and where he did well for more than a year.
There are a lot of unknown, to me, about clams culturing.

xjiang7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost him and I don't even know why. My other clams are doing fine but he just stop growing and slowly retracted and eventually died. No parasite, no PMD, no pests. He just up and died over 6 months. The one good thing about it is he did not past it on to any other clams. Same light, same place in the sump with my other clams and where he did well for more than a year.
I’ve got two from them two months ago have been doing great with some growth. In the same tank I never able to keep maximas more than one moth. Same thing, slowly getting more and more retracted without any obvious reasons, except for a little center bleaching

2879880A-749E-4D21-9CA1-6818FB8B890B.jpeg EB8A13CE-3A5E-4828-8899-08777E5AFE70.jpeg

Asagi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’m sorry, that thing was beautiful! Baby blue is in my opinion the most beautiful squamosa coloration and yours was almost solid baby blue. I’ll let you know if I see another one like that. I’m always looking. Hey we have a mutual friend, Ali from amazing aquariums and reefs. He says hello.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mimosa, teal color doesn’t show up well on this photo, it’s running up the center. Grown pretty fast since purchase from PEA.
4B01AC5E-F175-4679-9F0A-D2416425430A.jpeg

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There's a local guy selling a nice crocea embedded in a rock that I want, but I can't justify spending money right now (unless I sell some sps soon?). That and I'm still finding pyramid snails (1 or 2) every couple nights. @Orion nice clams!
Mine are still in the sump isolation.
4937141D-BD00-4251-BD60-FA905FF918B1.jpeg

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the old days!
I am sure that they, the Ultra Crocea, are available somewhere but by the time I get to see and choose clams of the quality I got above was long gone. I have been looking for these for many years, 10+, and not able to get them any where near this quality.
I am extremely happy that I got there three, especially the green one

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.2%
Back