Lets see those corals on your back glass or overflows.

Do you grow corals on your back glass?

• Not on purpose.

Votes: 229 37.7%
  • Yes, for Aquascaping.

Votes: 178 29.3%
  • No, scrape the back clean.

Votes: 200 32.9%

• Total voters
OP
OP
ScubaShane

ScubaShane

MENTAL REEF DISORDER!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you
No problem. I get the two pack from Wal-Mart. I find the loctite brand easier to work with when mounting frags. I count 20 Mississippis while holding the frag in place underwater on the location I want it in my tank.
Screenshot_2018-11-14-02-25-44.png

Perkins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem. I get the two pack from Wal-Mart. I find the loctite brand easier to work with when mounting frags. I count 20 Mississippis while holding the frag in place underwater on the location I want it in my tank.
Screenshot_2018-11-14-02-25-44.png
I’ll have to pick some up this weekend I’ve been wanting to put some on my overflows just wasn’t sure the best way to do it thanks again

fishybizzness

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you think the super glue will hold my Duncan to the rock or should I use something else?
IMG_20181030_163335.jpeg

OP
OP
ScubaShane

ScubaShane

MENTAL REEF DISORDER!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think the super glue will hold my Duncan to the rock or should I use something else?
IMG_20181030_163335.jpeg
It will hold. I use a cheap toothbrush to scrub the area in the tank where I'm going to mount the frag. It removes algae and debris. Gives a clean surface for the glue to adhere to.

crabman85

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome photos! Here’s my purple-polyped Monti attached to and growing up the overflow box (by design). I love covering the back wall and box with coral.

Thanks to all for their cool pics!
BC9906FE-44F7-4DFD-BFAD-DD4BAC25D9F0.jpeg
What is the green monti to left

OP
OP
ScubaShane

ScubaShane

MENTAL REEF DISORDER!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still looking for something cool to put on the back glass, anyone else? How about zoanthids?

CincyFin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I glued about a quarter size frag of watermelon zoanthid to my overflow box today. Been wanting to try it and figured id give it a shot. I'll have to come back to this thread and post some pics once I get growth.

OP
OP
ScubaShane

ScubaShane

MENTAL REEF DISORDER!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I glued about a quarter size frag of watermelon zoanthid to my overflow box today. Been wanting to try it and figured id give it a shot. I'll have to come back to this thread and post some pics once I get growth.
Yes please do. I would like to see how they grow.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My armor of god zoas are growing like wildfire and created a mat on some of the sand, pretty sure my project tomorrow is going to be relocating some of that onto the overflow box after looking through this thread. Some beautiful tanks. If any of you have updated photos since then I'd love to see them.

Firedawg1983

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The
My armor of god zoas are growing like wildfire and created a mat on some of the sand, pretty sure my project tomorrow is going to be relocating some of that onto the overflow box after looking through this thread. Some beautiful tanks. If any of you have updated photos since then I'd love to see them.
the armor of god zoas are going to look awesome!!

Sonor

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green star polyp, Pachyclavularia violacia, Grows very fast and must be aggressively maintained to keep it under control. It does look nice and has nice current movement.

clarimore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green star polyp, Pachyclavularia violacia, Grows very fast and must be aggressively maintained to keep it under control. It does look nice and has nice current movement.

I have those, however, my stems are pink and long, so I mostly see pink with the motion

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 57 55.9%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back