Lets see those frag tanks! - Official Frag Tank Show-Off Thread

Scottsquatch

Third times a charm?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting to gather materials to build a raceway for mother colonies. The boss (wife) gave me the green light to take half the basement for my aquatic endeavors, so I'm gonna go all out. I plan to make it 12ft x 3ft x 14in. Gonna have egg crate 2in off the bottom allowing the mother colonies to have a depth of 1ft to grow upward. I'm planning on going with a 200 gallon sump. I will take photos as I build it and post a build thread after its wet.

Scottsquatch

Third times a charm?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I did some re-thinking about my basement fish room plans. I am gonna slow down and plan things out in a way that I can maximize space and expand in an organized fashion down the road. So I am going to start out using a 225 gallon tank as a grow out tank for mother colonies. Originally, that was going to be my display, but due to a lack of space in the living room and dining room, I'm only gonna keep my 33 extra long upstairs as a small display. I will use the 225 to grow out my mother colonies until I get to the point that I need the large raceway. The space is mine so it can sit empty until I need it. At that point I'll figure out how to develop a modular system to keep growing as needed. I'll still take photos as I design and develop the fish room and set up the 225. I'll post pics of that tank when it's done. Eventually that will be a display tank, but just not right now. I really want to do this intelligently and get good plumbing layed out as well as a mixing station, RO water storage and even a small office area set up. Also, a work station and a utility sink will be put in as well. This won't be as fun as building a huge raceway right now, but I know if I plan this right I'll be much happier in the long run. I'll keep you all posted as things progress.

reef80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Both 12 inch tall only...just clean up one of them by cadlights and the other advance acry turn out looking more like a display...neither the less all sps...

rs1831

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waiting on some plumbing stuff set to arrive Friday. I will hook it up this weekend. Custom 30"x20"x8" Frag Tank with External Overflow by Advanced Acrylic.

This is going to be great! What skimmer are you going to use?

choff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tanks! I'm surprised at the high percentage of rimless frag tanks though. They look awesome, but I could never do it. Half my water would be on the floor.

marcoss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes.together the system will be around 750g

That is awesome! I am plumbing four 250 gallon troughs together and am super confused on the best way of doing it. I'll get a build thread going once they are in the spot I want them and then will pick your brain. Thanks!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dang that's some serious space for frags!! Nice!

marcoss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good man. I have four tanks like that, and was going to do them side-by-side, daisy-chain style, but seeing two together makes sense too. I don't know that I want to invest in multiple skimmers for each set up though. I'm starting to like your set up more and more...

Back