lets see those leathers especially the neon sinularia

Clarke

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my neon green sinulara next to my 8 inch clam.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

burk986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kenya Leather with my clown trying to show off. To the right is a nice bush of Xenia.

image.jpg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow! Great photos!

ProjectAnemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how did you get them to stay on the frag?

I have tried many methods.
  • strapped down with cotton thread (takes way too much time) but the good thing with this method is that the frag self bifurcates on the string as it grows.
  • toothpick through the frag and held down by rubber band (can tear off easily)
  • toothpick pinching the frag to the frag plug with a rubber band (can get removed off by flow or fish)
All the above have 10-15% detachment rate. The last bunch I did had a 100% attachment rate. For those I put the toothpick UNDER the frag plug and ran the rubber band over the frag.

These are the supplies I use:

Rubber bands
https://www.amazon.com/Gold-Magic-Elastic-Braiding-Bands/dp/B000NJHONY/ref=sr_1_1_s_it?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1493230781&sr=1-1&keywords=Gold+Magic+Elastic+Braiding+Bands,+Clear

toothpicks (I cut the brush end off)
https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/st...e=&network=g&gclid=CPam86jewtMCFV1LDQodOdMNMA

want2bsleepy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried many methods.
  • strapped down with cotton thread (takes way too much time) but the good thing with this method is that the frag self bifurcates on the string as it grows.
  • toothpick through the frag and held down by rubber band (can tear off easily)
  • toothpick pinching the frag to the frag plug with a rubber band (can get removed off by flow or fish)
All the above have 10-15% detachment rate. The last bunch I did had a 100% attachment rate. For those I put the toothpick UNDER the frag plug and ran the rubber band over the frag.

These are the supplies I use:

Rubber bands
https://www.amazon.com/Gold-Magic-Elastic-Braiding-Bands/dp/B000NJHONY/ref=sr_1_1_s_it?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1493230781&sr=1-1&keywords=Gold+Magic+Elastic+Braiding+Bands,+Clear

toothpicks (I cut the brush end off)
https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/st...e=&network=g&gclid=CPam86jewtMCFV1LDQodOdMNMA

Thanks! A few weeks ago I got a giant toadstool and got 20 nice size frags from it, still leaving the original a good size. I tried the fishing line through the frags tied to the plug, only one has stayed. After letting them float around in my frag tank for a while I then tried gluing them to the plug, but they all came off. I have now rubber banded them all to the plugs, but it just looks like the rubber band is splitting them in half. Very frustrating! The easiest coral to frag, the hardest coral to get on a plug!

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! A few weeks ago I got a giant toadstool and got 20 nice size frags from it, still leaving the original a good size. I tried the fishing line through the frags tied to the plug, only one has stayed. After letting them float around in my frag tank for a while I then tried gluing them to the plug, but they all came off. I have now rubber banded them all to the plugs, but it just looks like the rubber band is splitting them in half. Very frustrating! The easiest coral to frag, the hardest coral to get on a plug!
Leave em in a small container of rubble and they'll grab hold quickly. And place it in ur tank that's what I do for leathers

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%

Back