Lets see those mushroom corals!

Angelwolf21203

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great question. If you search for coral v coral thread here you will see almost everytime the mushroom wins regardless of species and coral.
This is something I am curious about as well as I'm about to convert a couple racks to rocks in a couple of my tables to allow my shrooms to move free.
To date I have housed similar species together within reasonable distance. But I could still move them around if they encroached one another on the racks without an issue.
This may be impossible in a tank without proper planning and ability and enough space to keep moving them when needed.
Yeah. I'm not sure. I have 3 giant hairy mushrooms and "1 and a half" ricordeas. (I say that because it just dropped a baby a few weeks ago and it's not much more than just a mouth. LOL!) I would think the giants would over run the ricordea.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. I'm not sure. I have 3 giant hairy mushrooms and "1 and a half" ricordeas. (I say that because it just dropped a baby a few weeks ago and it's not much more than just a mouth. LOL!) I would think the giants would over run the ricordea.
If you find out let me know. But from what I seen the giants do typically run them over lol

Angelwolf21203

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saving the front spot for a bounce. All offers considered. Will drive to pick up
image.jpg
I think I saw someone posted a bounce mushroom for sale on the livestock forum. I apolgize if I'm mixing it up, but I figured you might want to know.

Angelwolf21203

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you find out let me know. But from what I seen the giants do typically run them over lol
Yeah. My two have over run the 3rd, and it hasn't really grown much because they are covering it, but I think the big ones are going to split again, so maybe it will start growing again.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had about 3-4 on a live rock from my nano.
They have been in my 120 10 of the 11 months its been running.
Their must be 20+ now.
Wish I never put them in.
They are green with dots lol.
Probably no easy way to remove as they do sting coral.
20200522_190442.jpg

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. My two have over run the 3rd, and it hasn't really grown much because they are covering it, but I think the big ones are going to split again, so maybe it will start growing again.
@BighohoReef may be able to add a little here. I do believe those in numbers will easily overtake in territory naturally.
You may want to get your lone ranger to it's own spot before its overtaken.
Some shrooms split and multiply fast.
Ricordea have been my easiest shroom. Cut them they are healed and good with first cpl weeks. They eat e everyday if I feed them without fail. Very hardy species.

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
that's a WWC OG bounce
Pretty common these days, you wanna see something hot Here’s my $2,000 mythical corals bounce electus. Probably the nicest one in the country. Story goes TGC tried to buy my exact one at RAP Cali for $500 less then mythicals asking price and got declined.
BBC07485-C40E-4A7B-8E8D-1CA537393AD0.jpeg

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty common these days, you wanna see something hot Here’s my $2,000 mythical corals bounce electus. Probably the nicest one in the country. Story goes TGC tried to buy my exact one at RAP Cali for $500 less then mythicals asking price and got declined.
BBC07485-C40E-4A7B-8E8D-1CA537393AD0.jpeg
Let me know when it drops a baby.
Please and thank you lol

Back