Let's see those tube-worms and tube-anemones!

Paleozoic_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tube anemone has slowly turned into a show piece in my tank! Unfortunately my iphone doesn't catch the hot pink it is in person.

I would love to see others who have show pieces like this and also would like know a little about their prize tubes!
57E3C7FD-0D90-4E66-BD2C-299837FD1E1E.jpeg

Sjaako

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tube anemone has slowly turned into a show piece in my tank! Unfortunately my iphone doesn't catch the hot pink it is in person.

I would love to see others who have show pieces like this and also would like know a little about their prize tubes!
57E3C7FD-0D90-4E66-BD2C-299837FD1E1E.jpeg
Is yours on the rocks?
I thought they need to be placed in the sand bed.
Is yours closed during day hours as well?
I head feeding them during the day will attempt them to open up during day as swell.

OP
OP
Paleozoic_reefer

Paleozoic_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sjaako the PVC is in the rock work. I 3D printed the front "lid" to prevent sand from pouring out. The flat part is so if I put it on the floor of the tank it doesn't role around with the current or fall all the way into the rock work. The back part also has lid that has a hole in top to make sure the sand doesn't pour out and that water circulates to avoid it stagnating. It comes out during the day for the most part. I think once it realizes what time of day it gets fed it will eventually start to open up primarily during that time.
E413530C-AA51-4963-A51E-8B3272A68B93.jpeg
C

H3rm1tCr@b

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jd371 and @Suggsreef I've never had any fish go missing and have them be the prime suspect. When I do see a fish get touched by their tentacles (which is very rare) the fish easily breaks free.

I know this might be pushing it, but very occasionally I dream of getting one for my 20 gallon high. I don't think this would turn out well though, considering my tank is stocked with a lot of tiny fish and shrimp. What do you think?

H3rm1tCr@b

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have a couple tiny but cool little tube worms though! They're just some little underappreciated hitchhikers that popped up on my live rock.

OP
OP
Paleozoic_reefer

Paleozoic_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this might be pushing it, but very occasionally I dream of getting one for my 20 gallon high. I don't think this would turn out well though, considering my tank is stocked with a lot of tiny fish and shrimp. What do you think?
@H3rm1tCr@b i don't see any issue with putting one in your tank with shrimp. I have 3 shrimp (1-coral banded and two sexy shrimp) and never a problem. Just make sure your parameters are good and that you get a small one since they grow rather fast!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 66 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back